• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eschaton OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Mew. Okay. So the SR is 38, meaning I have a 20% chance of hurting it per shot. It does huge damage and eats our equipment despite our respectable saves. It eats weapons, and doesn't seem to take much damage from them anyway. We haven't even SEEN what the little girl/monster can do yet.

I think it's time to bug out, peeps. This definitely feels like a message from the GM that we're in over our heads. :)

ChristopherGroves

First Post
I couldn't find my old ID / pword so I created another. I do have some questions and for some reason can't PM here.

Restriction on 9th level spells/powers ... does that include (a) invocations (b) maneuvers?

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri - Sorry if the encounter seems too tough. SR 38 gives Sigil a 25% chance of penetrating, the ooze is really tough but doesn't do a whole lot of damage, and a means of resupply is already in the wings. My hope is that the encounter will prove challenging, even scary, but not insurmountable.

Things will probably continue to be hairy if you continue. But I'm not trying to signal you all to leave. You could do so, and still have action-ey stuff to do. Or you could head all the way back to your own worlds and delve into intrigue. Either way is fine with me.

CrG - Welcome! You can have 9th level mauevers or Dark Invocations and still be ECL 20.

Shayuri

First Post
I could be overreacting, I spose, since it's basically all but immune to my attacks. I don't have any real data on how weapons affect it, except that said weapons apparently only work once before dissolving... So unless the warrior types can kill it before all their weapons are gone...

And of course, by that time none of us will have any armor or anything either.

So maybe we -could- defeat it...but honestly, I'm not sure why we SHOULD. The Achilles Heel of any ooze is that they're typically slow as sin. Outrunning it seems far more tactically viable than fighting it. :)

ChristopherGroves

First Post
I sent you an email with some questions; I have a concept ready to go, just waiting on some answers - it only changes the last few levels depending on the way it goes.

ChristopherGroves

First Post
Hmm. Check my profile out on the left.

I used to post plenty (pre 3-e, setting search, etc.) time period. Then I went inactive and just read for a LONG time.

When I logged on it gave me bunches of errors, so I recreated. Strangely, it let me use my old ID.

Check out the join date. Almost 3 years back. Zero posts. haha

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads