• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Esdevium Exclusive Rights

gothwalk

Explorer
Apologies if this isn't the right board for this, but I've looked carefully, and can't find a more appropriate one.

There was a report recently of Esdevium getting exclusive distribution rights for WotC products in the UK and Ireland - this is on Esdevium's website as well.

This does mean that no other distributor in these areas will be selling WotC products, doesn't it?

It used to be that if a small retailer didn't have enough books on a weekly order to match Esdevium's minimum order, they could get them from another distributor, who didn't have a minimum order.

Since Esdevium have a respectably large minimum order size, it looks to me as though this will make it quite awkward for smaller retailers to operate - and incidentally have a good shot at putting the other UK/Irish distributors out of business.

Thoughts? Am I misinterpreting the word "exclusive" in this context?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads