ESPION - the game of spies

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Jason listened as Marcus described what could be a lead in what had happened. He had heard of a group of people that had followed this alleged heretic, but they were supposedly non-militant and should pose no threat.

"Wasn't there a prophecy at one time that said that the apocolypse would be foretold by the death of the Pope by soldiers among numerous bodies and a ruined city? I had seen something about this a while ago. I wonder if there's any connection."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Carl got up and walked over to where the others are. He rose an eyebrow at the mention of a prophecy, but more out of interest than being critical.

"How much time do we have left? Perhaps we should discuss this all more once we've gotten outside of the building," Carl suggested, then popped back to his office to collect a few things, uncertain of how long he wouldn't be able to access it.

Bobitron

Explorer
Festy_Dog said:
"How much time do we have left? Perhaps we should discuss this all more once we've gotten outside of the building," Carl suggested, then popped back to his office to collect a few things, uncertain of how long he wouldn't be able to access it.

"You're right, Carl. Let's get out of here. My car is in the garage, or I can call and get a UN one. Let's get moving."

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
They were right of course, they wouldn't be able to do much from in here anyway. Nodding in agreement, Jason looked at all of them.

"While I agree that we should seek to find a better place to discuss things, the fact is that we don't know what happened to St. Claire. Do you think we should travel separately to one of the safe houses? He paused for a moment. "Not to be paranoid or anything, but it's a safe bet that whatever he was on to could also involve us. This may not have ended with the destruction of the Vatican."

Jason looked at all of them expectantly and then decided to take one last look at his office. He had remembered all of his security precautions, so there shouldn't be anything left, but he wanted to be sure.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"There it is" Marcus yelped excitedly as he finally broke through the security protocols on St Claires computer. Inserting a memory stick he downloaded what he could, capped it and hung it from the cord around his neck along with four other similar devices.

"Okay I'm going to give us 15 minutes before we're locked in, so get what you need and I'll see you all topside"

With that he turned to the override system setting the time delay as indicated. Next it was back to his office and into his safe box. Then with a new sports bag on his shoulder and his favourite tools and toys inside he grabbed his Laptop and PDA closed off his workspace and headed for the vehicle bay...

Bobitron

Explorer
Elz takes one last sweep through her office, cleaning up anything confidential before heading up to meet the rest of the team on Sub-floor One, the priority parking bay. She follows Marcus down the twisting halls that lead to the stairs, her eyes never stopping their constant sweep of the people rushing around.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Jason finished clearing his office for the umpteenth time and followed the group upstairs. It was a good thing Marcus had disabled the lockdown temporarily. Otherwise they would have their skills put to the test, breaking out of work. Who would have thought? Jason smiled as he thought to himself. That would be something.

Once they've all reached the top parking garage, Jason saw that it was as much a mess as the offices were. Cars were still trying to get out of the ramps and on their way home and it being rush hour didn't help matters any. The honking horns and the swearing taxis assaulted his ears. Looks like I'm walking home tonight, he mused. Parking himself near a pillar, he waited for the others to arrive at the designated meeting spot.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Carl jammed his laptop and a dozen files into his briefcase. Everything he might need should be there. After throwing a few little things into his pockets he figured it was about time to get going.

He popped into St. Claire's now empty office and rumaged about for anything which could help. Carl shovelled an armful of files into a discarded briefcase he had retrieved from the main office area, then decided it was time to go.

"I hate stairs, I hate them so very much," he panted while lugging the briefcases up to the parking lot.

It dawned on him when he opened the fire escape door how bad the traffic was. Rush hour was a killer, and cars were lined up trying to get out of the parking structure. A reminder of why he often arrived before and left later than most people. He wandered over to his notably average car, and dumped the briefcases into his boot.

Carl locked the boot and looked around. Lots of people in cars, but where were the others? He spotted Jason, and walked over to him.

"Seems it'll be a while before anyone can drive anywhere," he said casually.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Jason smiled at Carl's remark. "Typical day at the workplace. Everybody's in a hurry to go home, but it takes them forever to do so. Of all the things I still don't understand, that's the biggest of them all." The current situation was heavy, but Jason had decided to try and take somewhat of a lighter note with it. It could have been worse, he thought. It could have been here.

Jason shrugged at Carl. "I guess we'll have plenty of time for a plan of action then." He then pointed in the direction of Elz and Marcus on their way towards them.

Bobitron

Explorer
Elz walks up, pulling her jacket closed to hide the bulk of her sidearms. "Where to first? If there is nothing else to wrap up in town, I called ahead and have a UN jet waiting for us at La Guardia. We will have to share the trip with the Italian ambassador, Francesco Paolo Fulci, but it's the best I could get on such short notice. My guy in his security retinue has promised us seats. We have three hours to get there. With this traffic, that gives us about an hour to kill."

Remove ads