• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Espionage RPGs

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Spycraft 2.0 is awesome! Nothing else comes close. Its a big book, but thats because it's a complete standalone rpg with all the rules needed to play, and the Mongoose version uses a thicker paper stock so its a bit bigger than the original AEG print. But the Mongoose one has all the errata and updated gear tables, so thats nice.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I didn't get a chance to really read the Spycraft 2.0 book yet, but it looks really good. Ironically, I did manage to find all of my Top Secret/SI stuff (minus one box set), in addition to all of my BECMI books (all of five box sets, or at least the booklets, plus a bunch of adventures at each level), some CoC Unspeakable Oath magazines from the mid-90s, all of my Gamma World 3rd Edition (box set and first three adventures) in the crawl space of my parents house (and I still left behind my Marvel Superheros and Battletech stuff).

Psion

Adventurer
I ended up getting the Spycraft 2.0 book for Christmas, man, its big and seems daunting.

Heh, well, take my advice and don't try to throw everything in your game all at once. There's a lot in there that you can get by without in a basic game, but you can add on once you or your players become interested. For example, you can handwave or ignore contacts until someone makes a character that plugs in heavily to those rules, start with just chases before diving into other parts of the dramatic conflict rules, ignore fluid initiative rules, and so on.

Remove ads