• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Essential 4e: Heroes of the Forgotten Lands

I've heard someone say that the only stat generation they saw provided was three arrays and that point-buy and rolling options weren't included. Could you confirm this or provide the correct information if it's wrong?

Thanks for answering all the questions you have so far.

Now, how do I give Fiery_Dragon this XP people have been talking about?

Under the person's name are three buttons; the center button, with the "thumbs up", gives XP

and a question in topic

how can you generate/choice the stat for the characters in essential?

pregen arrays? 3d6/4d6? point buy?

That's where the Int modifier comes in. It fills the spot of the fifth d6. :D

it's more +2d6 :)

each d6 is +3,5 damage

1st level +5 int mod (+1d6+1,5)
8th level +6 int mod (+1d6+2,5)
14th level +7 int mod (+2d6)

Last edited:

First of all, thanks Fiery_Dragon for all the info!

I apologize if this has already been covered, but I don't recall seeing anything mentioned before.

I see that knights and slayers get more uses of there Power Strike encounter power, but does it ever increase the amount of dice it adds to damage beyond 1[W]?

I just curious if they get the chance to do more than 3[w] damage at a time at epic.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
I'd also be interested in hearing about the differences between the two domains of the warpriest if Fiery_Dragon is still answering questions.

Yes. I'd be interested in examples/summaries of a couple low-level/at will powers for warpriests.

(I was surprised to discover that no one had asked about these earlier, but I went through this and a couple other threads, and couldn't find much of anything on the topic. Priests get no love.)

p.s. Thanks, Mr. Dragon!

nightwalker450

First Post
The mages get a second Apprentice Mage at 4, and a second Expert Mage at 8, (but no second Master Mage) does this mean they get a second school of magic bonuses as well?

Thanks!

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Yes. I'd be interested in examples/summaries of a couple low-level/at will powers for warpriests.

(I was surprised to discover that no one had asked about these earlier, but I went through this and a couple other threads, and couldn't find much of anything on the topic. Priests get no love.)

< snip >

The Cleric/Warpriest stuff was spoiled much earlier -- July and August.
For the actual powers, thalmin paraphrased those here on ENWorld on August 8.
And Bill Slaviscek put out a free Ampersand article at Wotc on July 9 showing lots of other details, including the advancement table.
Paraphrasing his table:
Level 1: Healing Word, domain features, Channel Divinity powers, Daily power
Level 2: Utility power
Level 3: Domain encounter power
Level 4: Ability score increase, Holy Cleansing
Level 5: Domain feature, Daily power
Level 6: Utility power
Level 7: Domain encounter power
Level 8: Ability score increase, Resurrection
Level 9: Daily power
Level 10: Domain feature, Utility power

AntlerDruid

Explorer
1) Do you have to have proficiency in an implement to use the new expertise feats or is there a feat that grants access to an implement that your class doesn't normally use?

2) Any feats for Sehanine followers?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I will not rest till Fireball becomes an actual explosion and pushes people away!
Let us know when you're getting sleepy. We'll poke and prod you to keep you from falling asleep.

Wow, so if two people in the party die, they are kind of screwed. Can you imagine the dilemma for the cleric when they have to basically decide who to bring back in that situation? Guess that makes the Raise Dead ritual useful to know anyway.
Always be nice to your cleric. Now you must be nicer than the other guy, too!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads