• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essential skills?

Bold or Stupid

First Post
How many skills will each essential class get? The Wizard and Cleric both have lists of class skills but I see no listing of the number of skills they each get.

So on with rampant speculation, do they just get them all (On noes brokin!) or will there be a set number that is common across all classes?

My rampant speculation is that there is a common number, but that a few class (like rogue) will get a bonus skill or two.

Which is pretty much the current situation. In PHB1 1 class gets 3 skills, one gets 5, one gets 6 and the other 5 get 4. So really if they cut the rogue back by one and increased the fighter by one then we have pretty much 4 skills for each class with 2 classes getting one bonus skill. Heck they could easily cut ranger back to 4 as well. Rogue really only needs 5 because they pretty well have to have Stealth, Thievery, and Athletics just to be able to function and having less than 2 optional choices bites.

circadianwolf

First Post
Well, rogues have 5 because like bards their legacy is as skill monkeys.

The set number of skills with some classes having bonus ones would be just like hybrids, so it seems quite possible.

I would like to see rogues that don't require training in Thievery.

Remove ads