• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Essentials Only" possible in CB?

Odhanan

Adventurer
Hi there. Complete DDI Ignoramus here.

Will it be possible to select Essentials Only material when building a character in the CB? :uhoh:

Obryn

Hero
Should be. All you should need to do is go to the Campaign tab and un-check everything but the Essentials books.

-O

Shag

Explorer
Yeah I have similar questions/worries about Dark Sun. The builder is going to have to 'grow up' fast to be relevant. It could use a major overhaul.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Do you guys know if the Essentials character sheet will be available under the CB, i.e. if you'll be able to choose it instead of the standard 4E sheet to print your character once you're done building/upgrading it?

P1NBACK

Banned
Banned
Do you guys know if the Essentials character sheet will be available under the CB, i.e. if you'll be able to choose it instead of the standard 4E sheet to print your character once you're done building/upgrading it?

This would be very nice. But, as always of late, WotC is super tight-lipped about anything they are working on D&DI-wise. We'll find out Sept. 21st I guess. ;)

drothgery

First Post
Should be. All you should need to do is go to the Campaign tab and un-check everything but the Essentials books.

-O

FWIW, I think it would be useful to have, in addition to the individual book and item-level checkboxes, checkboxes for 'essentials','players handbooks', 'power series', 'dragon magazine', 'Eberron', 'Forgotten Realms', 'Dark Sun', and 'other'. (the campaign settings would disable campaign-setting specific material for other settings, and for Dark Sun, would disable divine classes and turn on inherent bonuses).

Deverash

First Post
FWIW, I think it would be useful to have, in addition to the individual book and item-level checkboxes, checkboxes for 'essentials','players handbooks', 'power series', 'dragon magazine', 'Eberron', 'Forgotten Realms', 'Dark Sun', and 'other'. (the campaign settings would disable campaign-setting specific material for other settings, and for Dark Sun, would disable divine classes and turn on inherent bonuses).

I'd just love to have a "uncheck all" button.

Artoomis

First Post
It might be possible to run "Essentials Only," but that would be a pretty simple game with many, many options left out since you'd have no PH, PH2, etc., etc.

boolean

Explorer
I'd just love to have a "uncheck all" button.

I'd like it if they simply grouped all issues of Dragon into a single nest (and likewise with Dungeon). This would make it possible to check or uncheck every issue with a single click, instead of clicking each individual issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads