• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essentials Rules Compendium preview copy in hand

thalmin

Retired game store owner
does it say if uncommon items can be created anywhere or otherwise hint that it is possible to create an 'uncommon' item
It says
Uncommon and Rare are not normally created in the current age of the world. These items were created in the distant past, some even during the Dawn War, and the techniques for their creation have been lost in time...
It says nothing else about their creation

thalmin

Retired game store owner
What page is 'page 42' on now? How have the damage values changed for improvised actions? The current versions seem somewhat weak, so it's seldom in a player's interest to try something creative instead of just using a power.
Sorry to be so late getting back to you. Page 42 is in the current DMG, so I expect it will be in the DM set, same for improvised actions.

Zaran

Adventurer
Scribble said:
My guess (and this is only a guess since I don't have the book) is that this book contains the "underlying" rules that everyone uses, or potentially uses no matter whether it you're a player or DM or what class/race you are using.

Stuff that is more specific to a feat/power or class or race or something will be located in the source books that are more fitting.

You'll probably find the familiar rules in the player side essentials books.

I doubt those rules are in essentials at all. Im betting it's one of those things left for pre essentials books.

So let's hope they keep supporting the old stuff.

It bothers me that they only have random loot and not advice on keeping a per level value. The parcel list is one of the things you can't find on ddi

TirionAnthion

First Post
My store, Mayhem Comics in Des Moines IA, was sent a preview copy of the RC, so I thought I would help answer some questions.

Thanks...but as I said that info is already up in the Dragon article. I'm looking for anything describing how damage types work that isn't covered by resist/immune/vuln.

Specifically, if there's some explicit rule statement that describes how extra damage that is typed is handled. If your power does 1d6+4 untyped damage, and you have +1d6 fire damage from e.g. the artificer power, how much of your attack is fire damage?

The book has a section on extra damage that states that extra damage is the same type as the attack it adds to unless the extra damage explicitly says it is different. To answer you question directly, only the +1d6 fire damage would be fire damage. The extra damage would not effect the rest of the damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads