• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essentials & Showcase Wishlist

Villano

First Post
I've become a fan of Marvel and DC's Essential and Showcase collections. I wasn't initially thrilled by the cheap paper and lack of color, but the huge page count and cheap price, not to mention the fact that we're seeing series that probably wouldn't see print in any other form (Son of Satan, Challengers of the Unknown, Werewolf by Night, etc), won me over.

Here are a few titles I'd love to see released:

Essentials

Devil Dinosaur.

Shadowline. Anyone else remember this Marvel imprint from the '80s? Great covers by Bill Sienkiewicz. It only had 3 titles (Doctor Zero, St. George, and Powerline) and didn't last too long (only 8 issues each and a mini-series wrap up), but it could easily be collected in one volume.

And Marvel has already released Essentials of Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, the Zombie, Man-Thing, and Frankenstein, but what about all the other monsters that only made a few appearances? I'd love one volume collecting the Living Mummy, Golem, and other forgotten creatures.

Showcase

Kamandi. C'mon, DC! :D

Angel & The Ape. Great, great art. And you can fit everything in one volume.

Super Powers. A series of mini-series made to tie in to the Super Powers (formerly Super Friends) cartoon. Again, one volume could probably do it.

Then there are the one's I'd love to see, but probably won't due to licensing issues: Master of Kung-Fu, Rom, Micronauts, and, from DC, Atari Force.

Marvel has worked out "one volume" deals in the past, such as Conan and Godzilla, (I even heard that they almost released Rom recently, but the deal fell through), and DC could probably get Atari Force pretty cheaply (they'd only need one volume for the whole series), so nothing is impossible.

Still, I'm not holding my breath on these. It's a shame because people really want a Master Of Kung-Fu. :(

So, what would you like to see? I doubt anyone from Marvel or DC reads this, but it couldn't hurt... :)

Last edited:

Remove ads