• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ethera's departure.

To those familiar as friends to Ethera de Lioncourt..

Tonight around 10pm EST Ethera will be taken.

Those wishing to help "retrieve" her will be able to be given the oppurtunity to do so. But, be warned what you will be up against to get her back is something never seen before on the lands of Juxta and Oerth. My real life husband will be playing the part of the creature doing the bidding of Takhisis to retrieve Ethera back.

For those who are unaware, Raven aided Ethera last evening in breaking free from Takhisis binds. After many years of contemplating her faith and lack of she finally agree'd it was time to move on and away from the Dark Queen. But those of you knowing Etheras previous storyline and knowing about Takhisis know that it won't be as easy as that. And not as obvious as Takhisis herself coming powerless to the Crossroads or somesuch to get Ethera back.

But those who wish to help her live will need to know a few things.

1. The creature will not be up for physical combat. Why you ask? Because look at it this way. If Belaros, Valerus, Nevine, Kyllandrath and others join up, do you honestly think the creature wouldn't be taken down fairly easily and Ethera retrieved quickly?

2. The creature will be giving clues, riddles, etc to allow those wishing Etheras return to be possible. But (and even I don't know what my husband has in store) you will have to join up sometimes to figure them out. Dontella might have a key to one, but Baalodias another so it will be a great lesson for all chars involved to be able to be civil to even the most hated in the area.

3. There will be consequences on Ethera during the time away. The time it takes to get her back will tell how much damage is done. The damage will be irreversible. She will remain as she is when she is found (save for wounds, those will be able to be healed to a good degree by "certain" people).

4. There is a strong chance Ethera will die. The creature that has her (some of you have seen it) is quite powerful and is actually not a Krynnish monster. It's from another book away from D&D. So it has a darn good ability to kill even the strongest man or woman given enough time. So it honestly depends on how heartfelt the attempt is for her, if people can work together even through character hatred, and if anyone is actually willing to join up on this adventure.

5. Wizo's (many of whom are friends with Ethera) will be more then able to take part in this, in their Wizo uniforms and out! But remember everyone CoC is in effect and I would like no one breaking it on this adventure. We're all great rp'rs and we're wise to the rules. Disruption of the norm isn't a good thing, we all know that. So lets do this quietly but with some passion for rescuing the old girl!

Thanks to any who might help with this. Alot of us have been stagnant for some time and this might get some other storylines moving (I know of two that are actually going on due to this and believe it or not their not my characters Hahaha) hopefully this will work out for everyone and those involved can leave with other storylines blooming because of this. Nevine finding a common ground with Valerus for instance. Or Baalodias looking upon Siani in a new respectful light? You never know what might happen. Just roll with it!

Finally once it gets moving my husband will be pming folks in groups and indivually with the clues, hints etc. So no worries on being there at a certain time to know whats going on, hopefully ooc communication will be strong for those out of the loop for a day or week.

Again thanks and hope this works out well! (loves her character and doesn't want to croak juuuust yet)

Sabrina

PandoraNight

First Post
Sabrina,

Oh my goodness....I want to be there sooo badly. I have a buisness meeting that I have to go to tonight, but I will try to be home when I can. If I miss it, please know that there is at least one character who wants badly for her to be back. Ethera hasn't met her little niece yet...if I can make it, Pandora or Juliana will be there for sure to help.

*hugs* Good luck if I can't make it.

Brianna

W

WizO_Adele

I know this is probably after the fact, but why not use Limbo for part or all of this?

The actually nabbing has occured. I'm going to post tomorrow morning the fight in the clearing that involved The Shrike, Ethera and Thanriyon, as well as a few others later.

Adele thanks fo the heads up on Limbo, tomorrow evening there will be more to it and using Limbo would be great. Thank you!

Actually it would be easier if anyone wanting to see the fight just e-mail me (Argyleskin@yahoo.com). It's quite long and once I got it down it took up alot of room here. And I don't want to be a space waster! ;)

For those who missed, or hadn't heard. Tonight at 10:30 the Shrike, the creature who took Ethera will return. He gave those present a choice, offer one up as evil in heart, as deadly in crimes, and as equal in all ways to Ethera to hang on the tree of pain in her place. Though the thing is it must be a mortal.

Or..

Each of the seven ethos must be represented, to petition as to why Ethera deserves to be released. They must speak from the heart, they must tell why she is deserving of life, they must have been personally touched in some way by Ethera, through her actions to help them, her words that soothed them, a fight or plan she aided someone in. Something directly associated with the person to Ethera. Even times she made one laugh or feel better would do.

Right now she hangs on the tree of pain, Shrikes tree. It is metal, barbed and razorwired, and covered in thorns. Hundreds of others rest on the tree as well, but none of them can be saved. She is as close to dying as she can be but alive enough to be awake and feel the pain inflicted on her by the tree itself. The Shrike spoke of her paying for the thousands she had killed upon Krynn, for her horrid crimes against humanity for her Queen.

As she rested impaled on the tree, she tried to cut herself free from it, litterally harm herself to pull free. But the sword (the one Jackson had given her long ago) fell to the ground and may still be in the clearing. A heart shaped locket fell from her hands, within it a painting of Lestat and his mother. Though that was taken by a woman who watched the fight.

Until she is saved, each hour that passes takes away memories and years from her. The longer she rests on it, the less she knows of her past, of the people on Oerth and Juxta, of her crimes, her leaving of Takhisis, marriage to Lestat etc. All are growing farther away in her mind. That will not change should she be released. There will be no way to restore her memory she will have to be educated in who she knows and how. Remember she was always one to not trust someone she did not know so it may prove to be challenging for those talking to her after this ends. As of now her mind has been erased back to the days of the hill, where the old tavern sat. It will progress even further and who knows what she will remember by the time she is saved.

Good luck everyone. Tonight (as Adele so graciously allowed, Thank you Adele) in Limbo we will see if Ethera can be released. Keep in mind the ethos of your characters and try to remember how Ethera has helped your character in whatever way. Why she deserves to live.

Thanks to all! And especially to Thanriyon for asking how she could be saved.

Sabrina

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads