• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

eTools Patch Is Out

EricNoah

Adventurer
Folks, I am begging you -- please, please back up your old etools folder before you start doing this. You will also want to use ET Helper to export your custom stuff -- my custom stuff was wiped out but fortunately will be easy to re-import using ET Helper. Be careful with the new "notes" fields in the character editor -- After entering stuff in there (I think with an apostrophe, I should have known to try it without first), I now have a character file that won't open up. If you have custom stat blocks, make copies of those and be ready to replace the new ones. This transition is going to be a pretty bumpy ride.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Further issues...

1) Some kinds of xml data are not importing correctly via ET Helper -- an "invalid data format" error appears. Example would be the Song & Silence import. My guess is Davin can fix that.

2) The notes frame doesn't appear to output to any of the sheets or stat block formats. This makes it pretty useless unless someone can come up with a style sheet.

Cool thing: ET Helper can now help you enter classes -- except it won't do the +1 spellcaster level thing. But I think just about any other type of class or PrC could be entered pretty easily.

Michaelholland

First Post
Don't worry about the Notes section too much though. Unless you are using a customized output sheet, the data you enter there won't show up anywhere anyway.

:)

Time to try out ET Helper too.

Pale

First Post
Just a heads up. The patch did not like my current database and I had to completely re-install ETools from the ground up and re-import all of my downloaded ETools files. I also exported my User Database (with ETHelper) before doing any of this (thanks for the heads-up on that one, Eric).

As an aside, after the patch, ETools would not recognize any of my pre-patch databases. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU EXPORT YOUR USER DATABASE USING ET HELPER BEFORE USING THE PATCH!

Alagard

First Post
Im having some problems trying to create a prestige class with etools helper, most of the options are grayed and i cant modified them, in the type of class i put prestige and to give an example i cant put as a requierement 5 in Fort saves, also im trying to make this a cleric prestige class and i cant give a new domain as a class ability, any help?:(

Therigwin

First Post
The problem is FEATS.

They did something to that table that messes up the ET Helper importer and the house rules sections.

Export all your custom stuff into separate files, one for weapons, one for feats, one for spells, etc. Then try importing one at a time. I only bombed out on the feats (and since the house rules is now broken to enter feats, I got to go into access to re-add the feats.)

Also, the patch process makes a backup folder and places all the replaced files in it.

Oh, and the greatest thing.... Anyone can use the icon on the desktop now to run without the CD in the drive!!!

Also they added the following tags to the XML for character and monster sheets -
For monsters -
<notes>
<description></description>
<combat></combat>
<special-attacks></special-attacks>
<special-qualities></special-qualities>
<society></society>
<characters></characters>
<misc></misc>
</notes>
For characters -
<notes>
<appearance></appearance>
<background></background>
<journal></journal>
<campaign></campaign>
<reference></reference>
<misc></misc>
</notes>

So I think it is a pretty good patch (now just get the feats working again!!!)

Therigwin

First Post
Mistwell said:
So if your character has a +6 BAB or better, does it now show you additional number of attacks?

This is still a bug (and is listed on the known bugs section).
So, we just have to rely on good sheets by C0L0SSUS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads