Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pacdidj

First Post
"It looks like I must go. It has been a pleasure meeting you all." He takes Mab's Hand and kisses it lightly, "Especially you, madam." With that he runs off to join his fellows.

"Oh the pleasure is all mine dearie!," says the old woman, waving goodbye to the diminutive piskie, "Do come calling again whenever your company is stationed in Daunton, especially if any of you need help unraveling the riddles of the future. For Auntie Mab is a friend of the fey, and very wise in the ways of destiny!"

"Auntiemab, did you see?" he whispers with an edge of worry. "Another man dragged out of the tavern. And by a portal. Are we certain we stopped the bazzlebaums? Could one still be stalking the city?"

"Yes dearie. Many are the tricks of the nefarious bazzlebaum! Great and terrible rabbit-headed, three-eyed beasts. Why, we've only put a stop to one of their lesser silver-furred cousins. Mark my words, they won't be content with the murder of poor Mr. Dartanian and his friends. They'll be back in Daunton before we know it, snatching children from their beds and replacing them with evil, carrot-stealing pod people."

"Still...," says Auntie Mab, finishing her yarn. "That portal thingy didn't look like the ones we saw on the Island. I don't think this was the work of the bazzlebaum, Devinihm dearie. Probably just a mischievous moxie or something. What do you think Tristram love?," she asks, prodding the slumbering rodent from his repose on her shoulder. "Do you smell any brimstone or Abyssal alfalfa?"

The besotted brown rat wakes just long enough to sniff the air, shake his head, and emit a disgruntled, negatory *Meep!*, before passing back into his whiskey-induced slumber.

"Hmm, yes. Didn't think so. I'd say we're safe for now," Mab declares confidently.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*A tall and slender turquoise blue crystalline being walks into the tavern. He is extremely well dressed in a black tux. Complete with top hat to boot. Within right hand is clenched a Talenta Sharresh. His cold eyes scan the tavern as he enters then moves off to take a seat upon a nearby barstool. He mentally tells the barkeep whom he is and that he is looking for more work.*

OOC: Hunzu Seisoku-Kurisutaru level 2 Enchanter. Approved, ready and waiting.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

The wilden visibly relaxes as Auntie Mab assures him the portal isn't going to turn tavern into a replica of the temple they just recently visited. He finds a seat vacated by one of the recently-departed adventurers and orders himself a bite to eat and a drink.

"Yes, evil, I think, will always hunt," Devinihm says. "But I am glad it does not stalk the tavern again so soon. I would fear I might be attracting hunters if that were so."

"Dont worry, friend, they are just traveling far. I've never seen another wilden outside of our tribe. Are you from Kythira too? If not, where are you from?"

Nementah approaches the druid, showing her tribal markings of a healer.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I think it's getting too crowded for my tastes. If somebody comes a'calling, please give me a word, Auntie. I'll be in my room."

Illarion goes out, removing himself from the many eyes of The Brotherhood of the Seven Stars.

OOC: I have another character in the tavern and if somebody needs 4th level sorcerer, Illarion will be available. But something tells me Rocco might get new one faster as defenders are scarcer

jkason

First Post
"Dont worry, friend, they are just traveling far. I've never seen another wilden outside of our tribe. Are you from Kythira too? If not, where are you from?"

Nementah approaches the druid, showing her tribal markings of a healer.

Devinihm cocks his head to one side,.

"My mangroves are in Kythira, yes," he says with a bit of surprise. "As is my tribe, the Cetarakes. They are hiders, but I am too curious to hide long, so I left them to be safe in their hiding without me.

"It is good to know I am not alone in this,"
he says with a smile. "I am Devinihm."

"My name is Nementah. It is good idea to hide when monsters come, but unfortunately, my tribe is besieged by too smart opponents for such hiding to be effective."

she shows black scars along her arm looking like something withered her vibrant leaves

"I am hoping to find enough powerful friends or mercenaries to help fight off increasing attack of mutated animals and plants or find a source of it all. Did your tribe experience persistent attacks of abnormal flora and fauna? Or is your hiding so supreme they cannot find you, like we didn't?"

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"My name is Nementah. It is good idea to hide when monsters come, but unfortunately, my tribe is besieged by too smart opponents for such hiding to be effective."

she shows black scars along her arm looking like something withered her vibrant leaves

"An honor meeting you," Devinihm says. As Nementah shows him her scar, his hand moves to trace his own black scar along the side of his neck, extending to his shoulder.

"Such hunters are everywhere, it seems. Demons gave me my scar, though it is a good reminder to work harder to fell them."

"I am hoping to find enough powerful friends or mercenaries to help fight off increasing attack of mutated animals and plants or find a source of it all. Did your tribe experience persistent attacks of abnormal flora and fauna? Or is your hiding so supreme they cannot find you, like we didn't?"

Devinihm frowns. "The Cetarakes are very good at hiding, but I am afraid I came to close to see dark creatures--it is difficult, fighting the curiosity. My people still hide, but I fear the creatures now hunt longer for them. I do not know how well they fare, but hope they are safer without me to draw danger to them."

Last edited:

Cleverusername

First Post
OOC: Sound of Stone, my Level 3 thri kreen monk is here too.

The thri-kreen realizes that he has not introduced himself to the newer patrons. "My name is Sound of Stone. I hunt for my lost clutchmates."

The human at the bar moves next to the thri-kreen, "Sound of Stone? That's an interesting name. How did you come up with such a moniker and how did you lose your ... clutchmates? Is that family?" the man known as Corvus asks.

Remove ads