Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka raises an eyebrow. "Fascinating. I would have thought that crossing an ocean would have driven you mad, given the separation from the earth. I suppose those you traveled with should consider themselves fortunate."

She shrugs, "As for me, I have tempered. I got pulled back into the Feywild, and toppled another Lord of the Fey. And then I returned here for what seemed like an eternity, watching noble adventurers band together to right wrongs and vanquish evil, or some other trite rubbish. And then you showed up."

"Also," her eyes dart to Randal, "I seem to keep drawing the attention of corpses. It is... not entirely flattering." she adds loudly.

Karlowitch

First Post
TwoHeadsBarking said:
"Also," her eyes dart to Randal, "I seem to keep drawing the attention of corpses. It is... not entirely flattering." she adds loudly.

Once again Randal is excited. " Did you hear that mate, I think she likes me ! " Ryan glances again at Haruka and back to Randal shacking his head " I am sorry to say this Randal, but I believe she said she wasn't interested "

Confidently the zombie head smiles towards the pair " I believe the correct term of quote would be, she wasn't entirely flattered, but she still is. Honestly Ryan, don't you know anything about women!? You have to learn to read between the lines buddy. " he says mockingly.

" Well, if you are that sure, lets test this theory of yours. " and Ryan snatches Randal by the hair. " Wait, what?!! " and the talking head momentarily panic's " I haven't even worked up a descent pick up line ". This makes the warrior grin " I am sure you'll figure something out "

The warrior walks up to Haruka and Ironheart. " Hail strangers. I am Ryan and this is Randal " and he points at severed head, which he holds in his left hand. " We are distant travellers from the Valley of Bones. Would you care to join us for a friendly pint of ale...? " and then looks questionably at Ironheart " ...or water if that suits you better? "

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
. "We are distant travellers from the Valley of Bones. Would you care to join us for a friendly pint of ale...? " " ...or water if that suits you better? "

Jonathan grunts after overhearing this bit of converstaion.

"Ale, water... What does it matter?"

He sips at his drink nonetheless.

Karlowitch

First Post
Turning towards the ragged looking character, Jonathan, he answers " the taste my good friend, that's what matters...well at least until you reach 12-15 pints " and Randal nods as best he can in agreement.

He motions Jonathan to join them, as if the others have all ready consented to his proposal of sharing a drink.

nerdytenor

First Post
"There's not enough pints in all the planes to make me forget..." Jonathan starts quietly, but then decides to keep the rest to himself.

Jonathan accepts the offer of shared drink.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The warrior walks up to Haruka and Ironheart. " Hail strangers. I am Ryan and this is Randal " and he points at severed head, which he holds in his left hand. " We are distant travellers from the Valley of Bones. Would you care to join us for a friendly pint of ale...? " and then looks questionably at Ironheart " ...or water if that suits you better? "

Haruka gives Ryan an inscrutable look before replying. "Very well. I am Haruka Sato, of the Kingdom of Jade. And I suppose I could join you for a drink. Tell me, are you a necromancer? Is that," she gestures at Randal, "your familiar?"

Karlowitch

First Post
nerdytenor said:
"There's not enough pints in all the planes to make me forget..." Jonathan starts quietly, but then decides to keep the rest to himself.

Jonathan accepts the offer of shared drink.

Ryan notices Jonathan's mood and is about to ask further about the subject, but concludes the matter is too personal and he doesn't want to mettle. Instead he addresses the barkeep and orders refreshments for the lot. " this round is on me "

TwoHeadsBarking said:
Haruka gives Ryan an inscrutable look before replying. "Very well. I am Haruka Sato, of the Kingdom of Jade. And I suppose I could join you for a drink. Tell me, are you a necromancer? Is that," she gestures at Randal, "your familiar?"

Ryan is about to answer Haruka before Randal interrupts him, completely ignoring she was addressing his companion "
Am I dead, Angel? Cause this must be heaven! " and the zombie continues his advances " I am no familiar lass, but I clearly would want to get familiar with you hon... ".

Just as Randal is about to finish his sentance, Ryan interrupts him by quickly grabbing a dirty woollen sock from his sack and gags him. " You must excuse my undead companion lack of respect. To answer your question, no, I am no necromancer. " and the warrior seems disturbed at the thought.

With one steady hand he holds Randal face down into the table as he elaborates "I am in the business of cutting things down, not bringing them up. As to his condition, your guess is as good as mine. If you have any insight as to why he is still alive, I would gladly hear what you have to say. I just knew him before he turned undead " he says with sigh. " soon after I took my leave with the Legion of the Damned, I found him like this and ever since then, we have travelled together. "

Changing the subject he looks at the lot and asks " so what can you tell me of yourselves, my story must be boring compared to adventurers like you ? "

Last edited:

While the crowd in the Hanged Man gossips, drinks, sulks, and drinks some more, the doors open quietly and in strides a short halfling-like woman. Her skin is extremely pale, which is a stark contrast to the raven black hair that peeks out from the deep hood of her dark gray cloak. Pulling back the hood, she reveals eyes of the lightest icy blue. They would be rather pretty if they didn't have such a hungry cast to them.

Pulling the rest of the cloak back behind her, hands on her hips, she shows off an exquisite, yet petite frame. Topping off at less than five and a half feet, the small woman exudes a strange mixture of sensuality and ferocity. After looking at the patrons of the Hanged Man one by one, she walks over to the bar and slowly turns around, leaning her back against the wood grain of a bar stool.

Looking back at the bartender, Vyrna gives him a wicked smile.

"I am Vyrna. I am looking for a ship called the Night Serpent, who is captained by Blood Lung and who's first mate is called Carnivore. Have you heard of them or know of their location?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Haruka raises an eyebrow. "Fascinating. I would have thought that crossing an ocean would have driven you mad, given the separation from the earth. I suppose those you traveled with should consider themselves fortunate."

"The first time was not as bad as I expected. I... don't remember much of it, honestly. The second, though..." Ironheart trails off and shudders, setting his branches shaking. He doesn't stop shuddering for several minutes, after which he stands silent, knotted eyes shut. Even poking him hard enough to pierce the bark won't get him to move.

[sblock=OOC]There, a coma caused by trauma is a good excuse not to play him in two threads at once...[/sblock]

Remove ads