Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye waited in silence for his meal to return, thanking the bar maid politely and dropping a silver piece in her hand.

He turned his attention to the over sized soup which he ate quickly, finishing his water along with the soup.

Shi Ye looked around the room once again before he pulled a worn book from his pack and began to read it.

rwelle

First Post
Any players looking for adventure?

[sblock=Looking for adventurers - OOC]How many players are waiting in the tavern right now? Thinking of attempting to run an adventure... Any guinea pigs out there?[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis stands up, setting the waitress back on her feet, and walks over to Shi Ye.

"Greetings there big guy! I'm new here, just arrived in Daunton, but this is the place to find adventure. Artemis Harks is the name," extending his hand, "Pleased to meet you."

[sblock=ooc] I'm up for an adventure, Artemis is a warlock/warlord hybrid, mostly a striker, with some leader benefits. [/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
The large half orc sets his book down on the table. Looking up at the outstretched hand.

Standing, he shakes the human's outstretched hand, inclining his head slightly as he does.

His voice is still rough from lack of use, and in his gravelly bass he says "Shi Ye. You're here for adventure also? To help?"

[sblock=OOC]Great! I think you'd fit into the short adventure I just submitted, we'll see if it gets approved! Have a link to your character sheet? Is this your only character?[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Of course!" Artemis grins broadly, "Help? Sure. Adventure? Sure. Gold? Of course! Reknown? Happily! Ladies?" He glances over at the waitress and gives her a bawdy wink, "Every chance I get!"

[sblock=ooc] Here's his wiki page Artemis Harks - L4W Wiki . Artemis is supposed to be over the top, if you haven't noticed. He is my second character here on L4W, so if there are other people with first characters, they would get preference of course. I'm up for anything. [/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye smiles broadly in response, this is one of those adventurers who he used to read about.

His expression sobers quickly and he nods, "That is good Artemis, all need motivation for good deeds and sounds like you've plenty."

[sblock=OOC]You'll definitely fit in as long as there are no other players to keep you out. Oh, and I hadn't noticed the over the top nature of Artemis:p[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Entering the tavern, with the smell of brine and the air of a life at sea about him, Vander Coul, whimsical, makes eye contact with several patrons before finding a seat at the bar. "Your best ale, barkeep,", he says, flipping a silver coin in the bartender's direction.

The tiefling, dressed as either a sailor or a pirate, wears a dark blue longcoat, beige (and well-worn) pantaloons, and no shoes. His tail, a dusky gray, poked out of the back of the longcoat. From a leather case, the tiefling produces a small wooden lute and begins to test the strings.

rwelle

First Post
Shi Yen nods to the tiefling as he watches him with interest. As the tiefling plucks at his strings Shi Yen hums a few low notes quietly.

He is surprisingly close to being in tune.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis watches the tiefling with interest.

Shi Ye smiles broadly in response, "...all need motivation for good deeds..."

"My dear Shi Ye," a hand placed quickly on his elbow, "in my limited experience, it isn't always good," Artemis smiles and walks over to the bard. "Hail and well met traveler! My name is Artemis. Pleased to make your aquaintance. This mountain of a man is Shi Ye."

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye looks momentarily confused, he is neither man nor mountain.

He smiles in what he assumes to be a pleasant smile at the tiefling, baring his large teeth and small but still very noticeable tusks.

There is something about the tiefling that irks Shi Ye, but he can't put his over sized finger on it. It must be the evil inside him welling up again, as his teacher used to say.

Shi Ye reaches into his pack and pulls a long strand of dark brown beads from it. He closes his eyes for a moment as he begins to rotate the beads through his left hand.

He continues this motion for several minutes, opening his eyes after a while, though the beads continue to move soundlessly through his fingers. He smiles again at the tiefling, seeming pleased with himself, he nods again in a friendly matter.

[sblock=OOC]Is it just me or does the blue text look like it's fuzzy?[/sblock]

Remove ads