Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Eldreth looks over at Orisk and nods right away. "Aye, that be a fair trade o'services, so ye got yerself a deal! I been wantin' t'put me hammer t'good use fer a long time an'way."

She looks a little put off by the metallic abomination sucking fluids through a syringe, though, and she finds it hard to suppress a sneer of distaste. "Jus' be sure t'be keepin' that one 'way from me with those...things on'is 'ands..."

treex

First Post
"Those goblins. Goblins terrer-rize and hurt the business-y people on the roads. Me no want that." Kruor's head swivels towards from Orisk to Diane and then to Eldreth. His eyes dimmed to a sorrowful grey.

"Diane, tiny man, missus tiny man. You know what me like before Kruor was Kruor? Not-Kruor was just a machine, made by family to mindlessly kill for family's...food. They call me and brothers monsters, and they say we are damned and many bad things Kruor no understand. Kruor no angry at them, Kruor undarstand. They scared, and Kruor scared too. Kruor scared for them. Kruor scared of Kruor. That's why Kruor want to help, Kruor want do good." the undead body of iron said, firmly.

Under the darkness, not many could see, but the various holes scattering across Kruor's body have been ever so slowly closing up. What were once gaps in his body are now replaced by shiny new metal, a stark contrast to the blood-spattered rusty body he has.

A voice from within Kruor piped up: "HULL REPAIRS COMPLETE. FUTURE BLOOD SUPPL-'RESOURCES' TO BE STORED FOR LATER USE. BODY FUNCTIONALITY AT 86 PERCENT."

"Oh, goody. Kruor feel better already..."

treex

First Post
Kruor limps after them and out of the tavern. Diane hastily swipes the colored pints off the table and brings them back to the pantry.

Eldreth, having not had the chance to even order a drink (boy...finding adventure was easy in this town, eh?) grabs a half-empty ale that was sitting on a nearby table and downs the whole thing in one large gulp, and then she moves to follow Orisk out of the inn.

"Quicker we be gettin' t'killin' them goblins, quicker we be findin' me Papa. Let's be movin' like there be a fire beneath our arses, folks!"

Skyla starts to enter the tavern, then quickly jumps to the side as an adventuring party nearly tramples her while they hustle out of the building. Stepping into the now emptier building, she smiles at the bartender and says "Looks like I'm late to the party. Story of my life."

OOC: Brand new player and character here. Level 1 Paladin was just submitted for approval.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The bartender offers you a smile, before blowing his nose with the rag moments ago he had been using to clean the glasses. "You ought to introduce yourself to the other patrons ma'lady. 'ts a tradition you know? I'll get you a drink after you're done with that." he leans down searching for some bottles underneath the bar.

"Of course, where are my manners? My name is Skyla, Champion of Apolli. I have just arrived from the Imperium, seeking adventure that I might slay the wicked in the name of the gods. But that can be done in all due time, for now, let me buy a round for my fellow travelers." She tosses a small coin purse to the bartender, "I believe this should cover my tab."

Remove ads