• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
The human archer walks over near the cleric, waiting for instruction. Years in the military beat patience into his demeanor.

OOC: Level 8 hunter "Quan" Thatcher ready for duty. PC:Leopold Quantico Thatcher (FourMonos) - L4W Wiki

Ah...Quan, I've heard more than once about the destructive power you have with your bow. When the time comes, may many of your arrows create havoc on the dreaded black dragon. The cleric then starts to align his scrolls and parchments in such a way as to get ready to tell the party, once reassembled, the latest information about the quest at hand.

[sblock=Trogdor Role call]
Ready to go...
Rocco
Quan

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I thought to update over the weekend, but I have in-laws incoming. Will be busy until sunday afternoon. Sorry for the holdup.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The door to the Hanged Man swings open once more, and an impressive sight enters the room. She is not what you would call pretty, though nor is she repulsive. Her physique is muscular and tightly ripped, with not a soft spot anywhere. Her skin is a leathery, sun-baked tan, that betrays decades-worth of hard labor, though the lack of lines on her eyes and mouth betray that she is barely of age.

At roughly seven and a half feet, she has to duck her head as she passes the threshold, sending a cascade of golden dreadlocks down over her shoulders, reaching nearly to her waist.

Her garb is extremely steampunkish: hide armor set with metal slats and rings, long bracers embroidered with patches that envelop items that resemble lead sling bullets culminating in silk gloves that fit her hands skin-tight. Her boots are veined with a mechanical exoskeleton that whizzes ratchets as she walks. On top of her blonde mop of a head, she sports an apparatus comprising various appendages terminating in lenses that seem to have the ability to be placed in front of her eyes either one at a time or simultaneously, though now, they simply stick up over her forehead like a small peacock plume.

Over her shoulder she carries a large cask bearing a hot branded label, "Stark's Brewery: Wayne's Ale". Across her back is a massive axe, the handle of which protrudes though her golden, roped hair. In her left hand she carries a large burlap bag, bulging and poking with various, sundry items. Upon entering, she raises her voice which is syrupy and sweet,...but loud, "Awhlraht! Theyis eyis thee layast tahm y'all gayet Eithal tah dew y'all's shoppin!"

She proceedes to the bar, and slams the keg on the planks, making Mikara's last beer jump out of its mug, hang suspended in the air for nearly a second, and return to its home sending a ring of foam up over the lip of the mug, cascading down the tankard's side into a bubbly seal at its base. The elf, does not stir from her slumber.

"Heya yah go Blagarm! Nayext tahm, Ah'll jus' carrih thah howell hawse caht weyith mih." She rolls the keg across the bar over to the startled bartender who nearly buckles under the weight, but manages to right it onto the stand behind the bar.

The massive woman then turns to the inebriated, unconscious elf. She reaches into the bag and produces a handful (though to anyone else it would be several handfulls) of ruby-red arrows, "Ayan Ah down' know whah Ah eeven bothah'd to gayet theyis fowah yew, gittin' awl drunk ayan,..." She looks bewildered for a a second, scratching her head with the arrow-tips, "Fallin' 'sleep own mih lahk theyis," she complains as she proceeds to stuff the arrows into the ranger's quiver, requiring some effort to make room among the arrows already therein, "An' Ah down' know whayat theyis eyis, owah whah yew spayent sow much munnih own eyit, bu' heyah eyit eyis." She pulls from the sac an apparatus consisting of four rods of golden metal, riveted together, designed to collapse into a single rod of eighteen inches in length, or to expand into a square of eighteen inches on a side. She places the collapsed device next to Mikara's undrunken mug of ale. The foam on the counter, slightly wets the rods.

"Oh Bahkeep!?" She now adopts a more friendly tone, "Whah down' yew powah mih summa thayat beyah ah jus' wen' ayan bowaht yew?"

"Shahr thin' Eithal!" Blagarm abliges, and a mug soon finds its way to rest in in the giantess's grasp.
OOC: For those not familiar with Eithal, I normally post a translation since her accent is so thick, but for now, I think I'll jsut let you all try to figure it out ;). Think Alabama Southern Belle.
[sblock=Eithal's Ministats]Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 8
Initiative: +4
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 19; Passive Insight: 14; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 22; Fort: 22; Reflex: 16; Will: 18
HP: 83/83
Surge Value: 21; Surges left: 12/12
Action Points:1[sblock=At Will Powers]
:melee: Strength of Stone link +14 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12+7 damage, and Eithal gains 4 (four) temporary hit points.

:melee: Thorn Strike link +14 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12+7 damage and Eithal pulls the target 1 square

:melee:Warden's Fury (Immediate Interrupt) link +14 vs Fortitude
Trigger: An enemy marked by Eithal makes an attack that does not include Eithal as a target

Hit: 1d12+7 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to Eithal and her allies until the end of Eithal's next turn (EONT).

Warden's Grasp (Immediate Reaction) link
Trigger: An enemy marked by Eithal that is within 5 squares of Eithal makes an attack that does not include Eithal as a target.

Effect: Eithal slides the target 1 square. The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of it's turn. [/sblock][sblock=Encounter Powers]
:melee: Grasping Winds link 1d20+13 vs AC
Hit: 1d12+7 and Eithal pulls each enemy within 3 squares of her 2 squares.

:melee: Relentless Panther Attack link 1d20+13 vs Reflex
Hit: 2d12+7 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)

Miss:
Half damage, and ongoing 2 damage (save ends).

Effect: Before the attack, Eithal shifts her speed

:close: Burst of Earth's Fury link 1d20+13 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12+7 damage, and the target cannot shift until the end of your next turn.

Mountain Hammer link 1d20+13 vs AC
Hit: 2d12+7 damage and the target takes a -5(Earthstrength) penalty to melee attack rolls until the end of Eithal's next turn

Stone's Endurance link
Effect: Eithal gains resist 5 to all damage until the end of her next turn

Warden's Tempest link
Effect: Eithal Slides the target 1 square

Second Wind [/sblock][sblock=Daily Powers]
Form of the Relentless Panther link
+2 bonus to Reflex and a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies marked by Eithal.

In addition, she can shift 2 squares as a move action.

Special: Once during this encounter, Eithal can use the Form of the Relentless Panther Attack power while she is in the form of the Relentless Panther.

Storm Strike link 1d20+13 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12+7 Lightning damage and Eithal slides the target 3 squares

Miss:
Half damage and Eithal slides the target 1 square

Bear's Endurance link
Trigger: Eithal drops to 0 hitpoints or fewer

Effect:
Eithal regains hitpoints as if she has spent a healing surge[/sblock][sblock=Equipment][sblock=Bracers of Mighty Striking: Level 2]Property: When Eithal hits with a melee basic attack, she gains a +2 item bonus to the damage roll.[/sblock][sblock=Gloves of Grace: Level 5]Power Daily (Minor Action): An ally adjacent to Eithal makes a saving throw.[/sblock][sblock=Rope of Slave Fighting: Level 7]Property: Eithal does not take the –2 penalty to attack rolls while prone.[/sblock][sblock=Fleetrunner Boots: Level 5]Property: Running gives Eithal only a -2 penalty to attack rolls.[/sblock][sblock=Reading Spectacles: Level ]Property: Eithal can read any language (the spectacles do not grant the ability to speak or write a language).[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Feats]
Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn.

Courage of the Lone Stag: When you mark three or more enemies with Nature’s Wrath, you gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures you mark until the start of your next turn. This bonus increases to +3 at 11th level, and to +4 at 21st level.[/sblock][/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=roll call]Is the crew from And the Uppity Shoeshine still up and about in the tavern? Toeto has retired, but it's about time I took a turn DMing for the group...
We'd need a leader, so maybe someone from the Colosseum group can oblige.[/sblock]
OOC: I've been thinking of retiring Kaz and making a Blackguard|Warlord hybrid. She will be a leader/striker/defender, so if you are still planning on running the adventure I would be happy to fill in the leader slot :)

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Yep, no problem about Kaz. I'm writing up the adventure this weekend, and I'll try to submit it tomorrow. Recruiting to start sometime this week.

I saw that Eithal is back in the tavern! Can I interest you in saving Toeto's tribe from certain doom, H.M.?

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck strolls into the tavern, and spots Rocco and Quan. "My good fellows. Ready for more adventure, I see?"

OOC: Halleck is bumped to level 10. I know what I want to do to level, but I need to update the wiki still.

[sblock=roll call]Is the crew from And the Uppity Shoeshine still up and about in the tavern? Toeto has retired, but it's about time I took a turn DMing for the group...

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] - Eithal
[MENTION=84369]Xeterog[/MENTION] - Fredrock
[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] - Kaz
[MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION] - Scarmiglione
[MENTION=85493]ronakshah2000[/MENTION] - Yishim

We'd need a leader, so maybe someone from the Colosseum group can oblige.[/sblock]

Yishim is surprised at the sudden appearance of so many adventurers. It's getting crowded in here...
OOC: Yishim, Level 8 Human Wizard, ready if you are Dekana

People from The Mark of Trogdor:
Do you want:
a) healing 5 hitting the enemy all encounter long (minor sustain)
b) dealing extra 1d6 damage in burst 5 zone all encounter long OR
c) getting bonus MBA whenever you start your turn next to my conjuration and I use imm reaction

Neurotic said Rocco is ready to rumble, Nementah will be ready after I get some input on party wishes. neurotic wants healing

Remove ads