Event-wide Pickup Gaming

madwabbit

First Post
This thread will be for those folks who are sans games, either by choice or by not being able to get into a game they wanted, and want to have the ability to discuss possible pickup games.

For my part, I'll be bringing my "Pickup Game Kit" which includes ready-to-run games and materials for a variety of different games, including:

3:16 - Carnage Among the Stars
Annalise
Fiasco (and all published playsets)
Hell 4 Leather (Tarot deck version - I really want to play this)
Lady Blackbird

... and a few others. I know a couple of other folks who are doing the same with games/one-shot adventures that they've prepped for emergency one-off sessions and the like, so we will be MORE than covered for games to play, if we end up with more players than game slots come Gameday.

madwabbit

First Post
Overall, how are we so far on the Player to Game ratio?
Eh, hard to tell. We have enough games for the people who've registered so far, but we always see folks registering in the weeks before, and we also always lose some folks (and usually a game or two).

Do we have lots of players without games? Any games without players?
There seem to be several players who attending both days, but have only registered for one or two games so far. There are a few games with some open slots, but a quick back-of-the-napkin calculation, based on what I see and conversations I've had with folks who are coming but have not yet registered, tells me there will be more players than available slots... at least on Saturday.

And very few (hardly any, actually) folks have sent in their name info to the DCGameday at gmail dot com address, so we have no definitive count for who's attending, other than the dinner reservation list, which is definitely NOT an accurate count.

Cassander

First Post
And very few (hardly any, actually) folks have sent in their name info to the DCGameday at gmail dot com address, so we have no definitive count for who's attending, other than the dinner reservation list, which is definitely NOT an accurate count.

I just checked the main post here, and there was nothing said about sending in emails. So some new people might not know to and old people might not realize they have to send the same email again.

davethegame

Explorer
I'll bring my Fiasco kit and all the Parsley (Action Castle! and such) adventures I own. I could also bring a board game or two just to be sure everyone has something to do :)

Eviltwinskippie

First Post
Mr. Eviltwinskippie will be in attendance with me, and has not signed up for anything because those he was interested in doing were already full. So, he'd be a potential drop in if anyone does a pick-up game. :)

nmarshall23

First Post
I've been wanting to check out Hell 4 Leather..

I will too have my Pickup Game Kit.
Don't Rest your Head, Remember Tomorrow, A penny for my Thoughts, And In a Wicked Age.

D'karr

Adventurer
I'll be bringing the Castle Ravenloft Board Game for pickup games and heck, I'll prepare some other stuff too in case there are players without RP games.

Thanks for organizing.

Remove ads