• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever had a player in your group throw a tantrum or worse? Most uncomfortable moment?

Ender_rpm

First Post
I actually feel kinda bad about this one:

My longstanding group was pretty open to newbs, and we had a guy, C, who had no prior experience with PnP, but played WoW, etc. Ok, he agreed to play a pre made character I had inserted as a plot point. Did very well, and when we came to a good point, he said he wanted to change characters. Ok, no problem. (This was 3.0, BTW) So he makes a elementalist wizzy, with imp familiar. Ok. then he asks if he can have a med earth elemental as a familiar, as its an equal CR to the others on the list. Ok. Then he mentiones he a gnome, and he intends to ride the Elemental, in our Underdark adventure. 3.0/ and 3.5 are not well suited to 3d combat. Anyway, he began to exhibit the traits of what one would call a munchkin or extreme powergamer. Spent tons of spells on his critter, using the old extend spell. Constant rules lawyering. And doing dumb things. He finally got one of the original charatcers (1.5 years) killed doing something dumd. My cleric NPC, who had been blinded, kicked the wizzy out of the group. He took it to mean HE was kicked out and started crying. Like snot bubbles and everything. Very uncomfortable. Another player decided it was a good time to start his campaign, and we never went back to that storyline. Sad...

DonTadow

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Aren't inquisitors priests, too? ;)
Maybe lol.

Hey I don't pretend to understand religion but I expected a good moral center from a player wit such ha background.

The biggest tantrum I ever experienced as a player was the one time my friend invited me over to his house for a game. He was dm'n his group and I was dropping by for a guest npc appearance. There was this couple at his game he had talked about, whom were new players learning the ropes of d and d. However, he did mention that they could be disruptive.

What I gathered form disruptive was they might interupt in game with out of game stuff. But being at the table I got the real understanding.

First the guy wanted to kill everybody... and we were in a city not a dungeon. He just wanted to murder people. The woman loved playing a cleric, but hated the magic system and never healed anyone. But that was the least problem. The big problem came during game, when the two began arguing with one another about her healing him. The argument got loud and the dm had to pause the game for a few minutes while they argued. The argument turned from in game stuff to out of game accusations of infidelity. stealing and other things. She stormed outside and he followed as did the dm. The other player informed me that this was the usual between the two players. All of a sudden the DM comes back in alone. Then he leaves, and comes back in with a computer monitor.

Apparently the argument got so heated that hte woman drove off in the guys car, through his monitor out of it and sped off. The guy apparently purused her on foot.

The DM put the stuff against the wall, sat back down and began to play as if nothing had happened.

Irony
They both came back the next week and played in his game. There were many more outbursts from what i understand.

Of course my friend, the DM of that game and a player in my game, left the state and all of a sudden I needed two players. I answered a message on he wizards board and began to have an email conversation wit ha couple in the area that was looking for a game. We got to the point where I gave them my phone number so we can arrange a meeting time. I get a call in the middle of the day and because I"m at work let it go straight to the voice mail. how shocked I was that it was my friends couple asking to join my game. Needless to say I did not answer the call back and emailed them that the spots had filled.

The Edge

First Post
Well, no tantrums that come to mind, but as for most uncomfortable in a slightly diferent way and just too good not to share...

About a year back now. The game was going fine, my brother being the DM for the first time and doing surprisingly well. Everyone was haveing fun. That was untill an ingame joke proved so funny (I forget how exactly) that one player stood up and steping backwards triped and fell out of the wide open window! Second story. Spilt his drink on the carpet too... :\

If you can imagine horified luaghter there was plently of it, includeing from the person who fell. Kinda a mix between laboured laughing and severe pain and shock. We all sat around after the ambulance took him away, worried if he had bust his spine or something, unsure of what to do.

(very) Luckily there was no permanent damage, he got off amazingly with virtualy only bruises, a sore head and a twisted ankle. He could even attend the next game. Window closed of course. LOW has become a new abriveiation amoung our group. :D

Schwebs

First Post
Back in High School my friends and I were in a group DM'd by one of the teachers. Then my friend's character died. She said, "No, not Blackleaf...."

Silver Moon

Adventurer
krunchyfrogg said:
What did he do, exactly? Was there any legal action taken?.
Primarily cosmetic. The car was a junker so he decided to 'help along' a few exterior parts that were already loose. No legal action was taken, but we all agreed that he overstayed his welcome with our group.

Kestrel

Explorer
When the DM's sister confronted her exboyfriend at the table about his illegitimate love-child with his new girlfriend.

Awkward...very awkward.

Remove ads