• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever lost an amazing player?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Aarrun who was a good roleplayer, and could fabricate the most perfect scheams, took on a 15th lvl NPC with a party of 4th lvl characters, destroying his plots, poltical asperations and stoped his ascension, without ever coming to direct conflict. The group heard rumors of his activities picked up and moved to a differernt city, completely away from campaign plotline.
Showing that evil characters can do more than kill randomly.

If only he wouldnt have spent so much time arguing with other players.
As a DM he taught me most of what makes a good one-shot game, although his 1 campaign lacked focus.
- I moved away from him.

Nikioli - Violent, Random, utterly entertaining to have in a group. He burned down a city, started a refugee emegration and attempted more armed robbery of gunshops than I can count he was practically a KODT character. Left hometown for collage, he is still gaming in chicago.

I almost lost a great roleplayer who is still in my current group. When he plays you can see him figuring out the best possible move, then discarding it, and making the move that fits his character better. He called me to say he was leaving the group because he disliked one of the other players - the guy who had brought us all togeather. After a quick confab, we booted that player instead, and 2 years later the group is still togeather.

Anti-Sean

First Post
I really miss two players from a campaign I was in back in the '80s. Debbie was a competent roleplayer, but knew the rules backwards and forwards, and her wizard (or was it a cleric?) was the glue that held our group together. Marcie was absolutely phenomenal at getting into character - sometimes a little too good, though. She freaked out and left the game after her favorite character was killed by a poison trap. I don't remember hearing from her after that. I think Debbie was in touch with her for a while, but then she found religion, decided the game was 'evil', and we never heard from her again. :(

DonTadow

First Post
Tim played the best rogue Cleric I'd ever seen. When he stepped into character he went from a nice guy to this dispicable lovable ex priest whom had a tendancy for setting fires to cover evidence, "taking care" of bodies the pcs happened to wake up next to, and cheating his way out of a bad situation. I lost him to munckins too as his wife's schedule changed and he had to watch his kids. We all still talk about him. We tried to do play by mail in conjuction with the campaign but it didn't work out too well.

Another player my group misses alot is a guy named Chris. He's taking a hiatus for a few months as his wife has her baby and he enjoys his son,. He's so far played a jestering bard whom changed the world (literally by manipulating the timeline) and he was playing a spivey pirate before he had to go.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:
One of my best players and one of the DMs who taught me the game moved to California and then Colorado as the military moved him around. I would kill to have him back as a player of a DM again (still keep in touch, and went to his wedding in Denver a month ago).

Seconded. Best damn Shadowrun DM I've ever played under... now just to convince him to visit again with new wife.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
The three best players I ever had no longer play, though one would if she lived close by. Her (now ex) husband, she, and my wife made the greatest roleplaying team I'd ever seen. But he no longer plays, she moved away, and my wife doesn't want to play without them.

Corsair

First Post
Called out by name I was!

I'll look into the gameday, but I'm still crazy busy at work. I'll add one of my own:

I lost my previous DM to a new job which took him all over the country. Still not sure where he calls home these days.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
wolf70 said:
Neat thread idea!DM

Thanks.
After all of the problems I've/we've had with bad players in my gaming life, I would keep thinking/saying "I wish we could get Tony, Jesse, or Drew back."

After several attempts at training players to not be powergamers/munchkins, and training a few to outright play D&D, I just want some of the good ones back.

amazingshafeman

First Post
Quote of the week stems from my wife (of three weeks) after some scheduling difficulties with our gaming group. "Is it wrong to want to start a family just to have a stable gaming group?"

Remove ads