• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever played Kender?

brun

First Post
Has anyone else ever played a kender? I know I have, and it probably was my favorite caracter ever. Even if the game mostly hack and slash, and I was down half of the time, it was great!

brun

First Post
Well, I know it can really be a pain in the... But if the mood in the game is right, it can be quite fun (This basically mean no stern, grim paladins composing the majority of the group and no heavy stop the endof the world themes)

Renshai

First Post
Yeah, he was one of my favorite characters... A Kender Fighter/Thief (2E) named .... get this, Rainly Rasslepurse. He had a light heart but a very stern demeanor.

Ren

Griswold

First Post
I played a Kender once, I incited a riot at the public execution of a political prisoner as a diversion so my compatriots could rescue the fellow. I was unlucky and got caught so they beat the poor little guy and cut out his tonge. though maimed, the character was still alot of fun too play.

Gris.

Renshai

First Post
Yeah, he was one of my favorite characters... A Kender Fighter/Thief (2E) named .... get this, Rainly Rasslepurse. He had a light heart but a very stern demeanor.

Ren

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
Yes, I've played several kender, all with the same DM who loved playing kender as much as I did.

Whenever he ran a campaign with any kender in it, he would roll the pick pockets but never tell me (or whoever else was playing the kender) what they got til the kender actually sorted out the pockets. To be honest, it just made more sense that way since they end up with all sort of weird stuff in their pockets, most of which tends to be unintentional.

Klaatu

boothbey

First Post
I've run games where someone would occasionally play a kender. Very hard to play correctly, as someone said previous its too easy to go over the top and turn a game into a farce.

The players in my group that tried it got too annoying, constantly pulling stuff out of their pockets making me come up with endless oddities to describe.

lokiqc

Explorer
I've had the pleasure :D to DM a game where someone played a kender....not unusual you say?

Well for some reason the rest of the group made him their leader.... they didn't survive long :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads