• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever see a Strengh 18/00 rolled legitimately?

Runestar

First Post
Once, though it was in baldur's gate 2. I was rolling up a dwarf wizard slayer character, and 18/00 just appeared on my screen! The total wasn't very good, but I could still get max str/dex/con and have 10 in mental stats, so I accepted it (especially since he couldn't magic gear).

sellars

Explorer
Never. Seen a lot on character sheets, but the thill of actually see one getting rolled.... I'm saving that one for a rainy day :)

avin

First Post
I rolled it once. Everybody was joking/rolling while the DM was in the bathroom.

On my turn I rolled 18/00.

As it was my first roll and we had four witness, DM allowed me to keep it.

In a couple of months we migrated to 3.0, tho :)

S'mon

Legend
Yeah, my friend Upper_Krust's PC, Thrin. Made it from 3rd level Cavalier to Lesser God with 117 levels and is still a feature of my main game-world.

Tarek

Explorer
I've rolled an 18/00 strength. Once.
That particular combination will come up one time in twenty thousand rolls, approximately, so it's not at all unheard of.

I routinely had characters with an array of stats all of which were twelve or higher; typically with seventeens and sixteens in there. I've never had one where there was more than one eighteen, though.

rkwoodard

First Post
nope

Not legit.

The closest I got was back in High School (83ish). I was home sick, bored so I started rolling dice.

I was rolling percentile. I rolled a 00 and decided to roll up a character. 4d6 drop the lowest, no other re-rolls, but assign as you see fit. Sure enough, one roll was an 18.

I knew my DM would not believe me, so I told him exactly how I did it. He let me keep it (nice guy, I let him be the best man in my wedding years later).

The character turned out to be a Dwarven Gladiator (from a Dragon Mag NPC article I think).

I have never seen it done either.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I think probably twice - it's hard to be sure after so long, it might actually be one or more times beyond that. But it was pretty rare.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads