• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Everquest 2 RPG - thoughts?

Citan

First Post
Hi everyone!

I just went through the "Everquest 2 Player's Guide" and I really love the new class system. It's very flexible (e.g. you choose your class features from a list in the order you like to) and offers a lot of customizability. I don't like the adjustments to the combat system (Defense roll, no AoO, etc.), but the rest really looks promising - what leads to my problem: I looks PROMISING. The Player's Guide provides a nice selection of optional rules, but you can't play a RPG with what's inside.
There isn't even an introduction in the book that suggests how to use it. If you are familiar with D20 games, you have no problems, but if you don't, you'll be left seriously alone. There won't be a Game Master's Guide for the game so how in the world should anyone who is not familiar with a pen & paper RPG play the game? According to product shedule, a Spell Guide will be next (probably detailing the already missing spellcasting classes, magic items, trade skills, etc.) but then they will be releasing setting supplements. What about adventure creation, encounter design, traps, GMing tips and all the other stuff?

There are so many good ideas in the Player's Guide but I can't imagine it will appear to many people (especially the online gamers of Everquest 2) because many vital elements of a core rulebook are missing.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I'm waiting for the second book to be released before I pick them up - I want to see the system working with magic as well as non-magical classes before I judge it.

Evercrack 2!!!

From what I have found out is that it's a sourcebook to Evercrack 1 so you would not need to buy additional books especially if you have Evercrack 1 already. I also heard that there is suppose to be a 2nd edition coming out as well and will not be D20 but OGL instead.

Remove ads