• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Everstone: Legacy of Blood. Wha?

Peterson

First Post
Recently stumbled across this Guardians of Order product in the $10 or lower bin at my FLGS. However, I have no clue what the setting is about, nor can I find anything worthwhile online.

Does anyone have this, and if so - can they help a fellow out? Looking for setting details, "trademarks" (i.e. lightsabers and star destroyers in Star Wars), and general playability and/or conversion ease to 3.5.

Thanks.

Peterson

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Peterson said:
Recently stumbled across this Guardians of Order product in the $10 or lower bin at my FLGS. However, I have no clue what the setting is about, nor can I find anything worthwhile online.

Does anyone have this, and if so - can they help a fellow out? Looking for setting details, "trademarks" (i.e. lightsabers and star destroyers in Star Wars), and general playability and/or conversion ease to 3.5.

Thanks.

Peterson

I know nothing about the setting other than it was actually a third-party product published through Guardians of Order, via their Magnum Opus imprint. That is, it isn't a GoO product, strictly speaking.

beverson

First Post
I don't know if you saw this already in your searching, but it's listed on Amazon and there is a fairly detailed review about it.

Amazon bit:
http://www.amazon.com/Everstone-Blood-Legacy-Core-Role-Playing/dp/1894938518

Everstone is based on the BESMd20 rules. It apparently modified them a bit, although it's not explicitly said what was modified, and I haven't gone through it with the express purpose of figuring it out.

I got the book a while back, because it seemed to kinda want to cover the same sort of ground that Eberron did, but in a rather different feel. I've been playing in an Eberron game for the past year, and while it's been ok... it doesn't really make me want to run a game set in the world. Everstone on the other hand, I read it and I immediately start thinking about all sorts of different stuff.

The fact that it's based off of the BESMd20 rules instead of the standard d20 rules was a block to it actually becoming popular. BESMd20 was a pretty niche product in terms of the folks it would appeal to. Could you adapt it to D&D? Sure. It'd take some work though, and I suspect that most people would say to just run Eberron instead. I'm not one of 'em, but I'm a realist. :)

If you can pick it up for $10 or less? Heck yeah, grab it. It's a pretty fun and enthusiastic product in a way that Eberron just doesn't feel to me. Sure, it's not a polished product in some respects, but I for one find it difficult to hold that against it. I'm willing to put up with a bit of error, in exchange for something that kinda goes, "WAHOOO!".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads