• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Everyone switching to 3.5?

arosslaw

First Post
I'm curious whether publishers are going to all automatically switch to the 3.5 rules when they come out, or whether some plan on staying with the old rules.

I haven't the OGL regarding 3.5 and am curious whether people can even still make 3.0 material once the OGL gets updated.

Voadam

Legend
Anybody can continue to make material using existing OGC such as the 3.0 released srd.

A couple classes change, a couple spells, a couple feats, some monsters get a power boost, and dr changes. It should not be that tough to use new material with 3.0 rules though if you are sticking with them.

arosslaw said:
I'm curious whether publishers are going to all automatically switch to the 3.5 rules when they come out, or whether some plan on staying with the old rules.

I haven't the OGL regarding 3.5 and am curious whether people can even still make 3.0 material once the OGL gets updated.
I haven't seen the changes but I intend to "upgrade" any of my existing material to it once it comes out (and I've done some digestion of it). From what I understand this will not involve much. Perhaps adding/shuffling a few abilities on some NPCs at most. I've already added BAB and Grapple to my monster stat blocks in The Tree of Knowledge just because they are helpful stats. (And they are in the d20 Modern stat block.)

I can't imagine that there will be sufficient changes to make it impossible to use converted material in either direction. Monsters perhaps will gain a sidebar if they have damage reduction.

Frilf

Explorer
I'm with Joe on this one. We'll upgrade as much as necessary/prudent once we get our grubby little hands on the new info. Many of the changes are clarifications or slight modifications of the existing rules, so the upgrades will not be major. For our PDFs, we will integrate the changes in a new download for our customers. For print products, we will release a freebie web enhancement covering the changes.

Tyrant

First Post
I know we've actually put off four of our titles waiting for the release of 3.5. While we werent allowed early access to the material, the adjustments to DR and the implementation of specific weapon materials for specific creatures is a feature we KNOW we want to incorporate in two of our products. Otherwise, I suspect our implementation will be piecemeal. What directly relates to the product will be 3.5 compatible. We figure everyone already has the old rules, and those that opt to move to the new version will want the "new" rules. Whether a sword has silver etchings, a mithral blade, or an adamantium infusion is just flavor text in 3.0, but in 3.5 it apparently will be much more important.

Eric Price
Dragon Scale Counters, LLC
http://www.dragonscalecounters.com

Red Spire Press

First Post
Dark Legacies will be fully 3.5e compliant. There are so many modified and new rules in DL however that it probably won't make a lot of difference, except that your arcanists will have ranks in Craft (Alchemy) rather than Alchemy. ;)

caudor

Adventurer
I know as a d20 buyer, I'll be looking to snatch up all the 3.5 compliant material I can find after the new books arrive. In particular, I'll be looking for 1st-level adventures to get my new campaign rolling.

I'm glad to see that some publishers will be putting out some updates too :)

Black Knight

First Post
caudor said:
I know as a d20 buyer, I'll be looking to snatch up all the 3.5 compliant material I can find after the new books arrive. In particular, I'll be looking for 1st-level adventures to get my new campaign rolling.

I'm glad to see that some publishers will be putting out some updates too :)

caudor,

You won't go away lacking with Phoenix Rising Games. We plan on having four adventures in our first "Adventures Anthology: Dawn of Heroes" that are suited for 1st-2nd level groups. We will include scaling for higher level characters, and even a new feature for apprentice levels (nothing like playing the prelude to your adventurer's life). All this stuff will be 3.5.

We also are delaying our release of "Legendary Treasures" until after the 3.5 release, since it's full of artifacts, we wanted it to have a long term effect for your games.

You can find more information on our website.

caudor

Adventurer
Black Knight said:
You won't go away lacking with Phoenix Rising Games. We plan on having four adventures in our first "Adventures Anthology: Dawn of Heroes" that are suited for 1st-2nd level groups. We will include scaling for higher level characters, and even a new feature for apprentice levels (nothing like playing the prelude to your adventurer's life). All this stuff will be 3.5.

Terrific! Dawn of Heroes will certainly be at the top of my list. Thanks for pointing out your website :)

Jim Butler

Explorer
Bastion Press did receive advance materials for 3.5, and all of our products will be 3.5 enqabled when the new system launches. Like others have mentioned, however, all of our previous materials are largely unaffected by the changes.

Remove ads