Everything World of Darkness Ever - Vampire Prelude: Blood Dawn (OOC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
We have a couple of characters now that are more likely to revel in their vampire state. I'd like to have a character or two that, at least initially, struggles with their vampirism and their loss of humanity.

Bring on the angsty concepts! :D

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Groovy.

I will be setting up a Rogues Gallery thread soon ish. I'd still like to have one or two more players so if you're out there...sing for me, my angels of music.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Groovy!

Step One: Concept

Vampire is set in the modern world, just...darker. More crime, more corruption, more gothic architecture, more raves, more discontent. Your first step in creating a character in this world is to choose a basic concept - who were you in your mortal life? Anything from street kid to CEO, gang member to fashion model, and anything and everything in between.

industrygothica

Adventurer
That's actually fairly easy... I've been trying to get the story of Rosanna Bettencourt on to paper for some time now. Maybe this will help get me motivated.

Rosanna is a high school junior, and a loner. She's not what you'd typically call a goth, but she does have a penchant for dark clothes and hair, and a pessimistic disposition to match.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Perfect. I like her already. :D

You'll want to think about how and where she fits in to life in Chicago in 1999, and specifically where she is on Halloween night, when our story begins.

Step Two: Clan

What type of vampire will you become? There are seven options available from the 13 clans in existence (of the six unavailable clans, two are members of the dreaded Sabbat and the rest are independent).

Brujah - Rebellious by nature and often full of undirected rage. (Think Lost Boys)

Gangrel - Wild, unkempt, and sometimes monstrous. (These vampires play on the classic shapeshifting vampire trope)

Malkavian - Mad as a hatter, but also eerily wise...when it suits them to be. (Every Malkavian suffers from a mental illness of some sort)

Nosferatu - Hideous and quite obviously not human, these vampires can no longer mingle among humans as the others can. (Think of the Nosferatu silent film)

Toreador - Passionate and intense, with a love for expression in all its forms. (Think Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles)

Tremere - Once they were medieval sorcerers and witches who stole the gift of vampirism from another clan; now they are cultish blood mages.

Ventrue - Aristocrats, blue bloods, nobles, and bureaucrats whose blood carries the weight of responsibility.

Remove ads