• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted 2nd Edition Game

Velmont

First Post
Shayuri said:
1) A protective/defensive or stealth-boosting artifact. Anywhere from 2 to 4 dots. Yes, I know you can't go over 3 without using BP...but I DID pay for a 4rth artifact dot. I may get those back if you can recommend a good 2 or 3 point artifact. :)

Two artifact from the basic book you might like:

Orichalcum Chain shirt: It is the armor with the less soak you can have in artifact, but as it is made of orichalcum, it gives +7L/+5B. which is still nice. most of all, it can be hidden under clothings and offer no mobility penalty or fatigue, so you can stealth all day and night with penalty. Cost: 1 dot of artifact, Attunement: 2 motes

Mask: That gives you +4 dices to disguise check and to misdirect any opponent on your true motives. Cost: 2 dot of artifact, Attunement: 5 motes

Why not an heartstone instead?

Gemstones of Suface Thoughts: This heartsone allow you to read the minds of others. Cost: 2 dots of Manse. (You need a socket to use it.)

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...possible...

I seem to recall some kind of "armor of the assassin" or something that was pretty seriously cool...but I can't recall the specifics.

Oh! Also, if there's a better thrown weapon than a Sky Cutter, feel free to...uh...throw a few of those my way too. :)

Velmont

First Post
It's among the first age artifact... I don't have the book, but my master have it. It's some kind of power armor (not to be mixed with the mech warrior style artifact). That kind of armor must be really rare, so all depend of teh master so you can start with it.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh oh, my bad. What about something (artifact, gemstones, whatever) that helps stealth and/or lets you see well in the dark...

Velmont

First Post
That affect the stealth skill directly, none that I am aware, except the invisible manse heartstone, that allow to hide much more easily any mote expenditure, but that gemstone is a 5 points manse and can only be gain throught an adventure.

figmike

First Post
To be honest, with a 5 in both dex and stealth, any other stealth based bonuses seems more like overkill. Just remember, I base the difficulty of the oppenents on the bad-assedness of the players. I'd really rather not have 4-5 point artifacts this early in the game. I'm already concerned about the amount of Orichalcum in the group. Once you're all in the same room, you guys are going to be a walking advertisement for Solar exalts, start adding 4 point artifacts and I'll have to start sending godlings after you, just to get your stuff.

That being said I'll take a look and see what I can find that won't be too unbalancing.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe. I apologize if it seems like I'm powergaming. My only experience with Exalted gameplay is in a relatively high-power game online, where we're playing highly experienced, advanced Solars in an epic struggle...so it's hard for me to know what constitutes respectable (but not silly and over the top) stats for a 'normal' Exalt.

I'm most definitely -not- out to bust your game though. I just want to make sure that I can hold my end up when it comes time to. For example, I'm not in love with the Sky Cutter...it was just the only ranged Thrown weapon I could find stats for that did anything approaching decent damage and came back to me. I'd be happy with mundane armor, if it doesn't impose Mobility penalty.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and the help on this. Even if I had the rules right now, what I lack would still be a sense of perspective about what's reasonable for a young and inexperienced Exalt. I'll definitely need input from you on what that is, so please keep it up. :)

figmike

First Post
That’s fine. I’m not saying you’re overpowered, and certainly not that you’re powergaming.

Here’s the new stats for Ashigaru Skirmish Armor (Artifact 2)

+2 Awareness, negates penalties from darkness less than pitch black

+2 Resistance vs. poison or disease. One hour fresh air supply

+2 Stealth (+3 when not moving)

Soak 7L/6B Hardness 4L/4B Mobility -2 Fatigue 1 Attune 4

Upkeep Repair 1 every 150 hours or lose some of the abilities

Shayuri

First Post
Argh...that's nice stuff...

Mobility penalty though...gragh. And...and...been thinking. If we really are fairly new Exalts...how on Earth would Sil have gotten her hot little mitts on something like that? A magic weapon is small, light, concealable...she could have nicked it from a Dragonborn patrol, or something. But a big heavy suit of armor?

Ngh.

So yeah. I'm rethinking here. :)

I broaden my call for assistance to just...cool ideas. Not necessarily artifacts, and if artifacts, not necessarily armors. Just something nifty and/or cool that would be of use to the concept.

Concept has evolved! Here's what I'm working with now.

I think the character was originally in a town or city that had been occupied, but not yet fully captured by, the forces of the Realm. The citizens are subject to harsh restrictions. Curfews. Rationing of water and food. Subject to search and seizure of possessions and properties. Etc. Silhouette started out as a lowly thiefly sort, who became kind of a folk hero by stealing food and stuff the Realm took back and secretively distributing/returning it. She Exalted when she was captured and had to bust her way out. After that, she kept up the same biz as before, only more and better. This eventually led to an unanticipated and unwanted consequence. The Realm, tired of the BS and knowing damn well that there was an Anathema loose in that quarter...torched the neighborhood. Made them an example for any who might harbor, support, lend aid or succor to one of the Anathema...and of course a stark message to Sil herself.

Thus she has opted out of the protection biz...not wanting to provoke another reaction like that. Now she's in the vengeance game, though she wants to make it good, so she's not just running in willynilly to get killed. No no, any good second-story gal knows you have to case the joint before you break it. So she's on the move, collecting information about the Realm, the Dragonborn, and their strengths and weaknesses and goals. And, incidentally, growing more powerful herself.

Somewhere in the back of her mind there's a little tally card, with a mark for every innocent life lost to, every injustice committed by, and every insult coming from the Imperial Realm. And one day she means to stand before the Empress...whoever it may be by then...and get some accounting done.

Mwah. Basically, she's more like...Batman now than a ninja. Think of Bruce Wayne when he was training to become Batman. That's Silhouette now. Only with a much more focused goal.

Edit - good lord, she even has a "batarang" as her main weapon. Bahahaa! That armor's looking better now. :) What does a Mobility penalty interfere with?

Remove ads