• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted 2nd Edition Game

Shayuri

First Post
Boo! Okay, that chain shirt is looking better and better. :)

I don't suppose there's anything that gives the bonuses to Awareness and seeing in the dark and so on that's -not- armor? Like a mask or something? Heck, if it had everything there, but not the actual armor, that'd be awesome.

Mew.

figmike

First Post
Well first off Mobility does not effect parry and attack, just Dodge and Athletics. I understand that has more effect on a Night Caste type, but just to clarify. Also one of the reasons I pointed this particular armor out is that it's semi standard issue in Lookshy. Mortals can even use it, but it cost a Point of Willpower to use and cuts a week off your life everytime you turn it on. Many of the Lookshy dragon blooded and heroic mortals members of the military have access to it.

also for a lower point artifact we can make up an item that can help you with what you're looking for.

As for the city you want to be from, let's see, an island in the west, somewhere in the north during the Bull of the North versus the Tepet Legions all make sense. Pretty much only the scavanger lands would have the ability to stop the Realm from taking over a city. Other cities have been under semi Realm control for sometime now, like Greyfalls. Sort of little pockets of the realm.

The Circle

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...I definitely need my book before I settle on a city. I don't know anything about those places or things your describing. :)

Thanks for the clarification too...that does help. I really like having good Dodge, but maybe having some armor would make up for that... What would the game effects of losing 2 from dodge be?

Athletics I'm not quite as worried about since I can use charms there.

figmike

First Post
A few things:

First off on your names on Invisible Castle. One of the nice things about it is the ability to double check you guys and make sure your not cheating. However with names like Leon, you've got a fair amount of other people using that name. So if you have a name that someone else shares, use a full name or add E2 (Exalted 2nd) or something to the begining.

A 2 point Mobility penalty would drop your Dodge DV by 1.

Since you don't have your book in front of you, here's how you figure out DV's. (it also just so happens that's the page my book was turned to when I started writing this)

Dodge DV (DEX + Dodge (-Mobility) + Essence) divided by two round up
Parry DV (DEX + Melee + Defense of Weapon) divided by two round up

You can parry with what ever weapon is in your hand, or with your fist. If you are holding two weapons I will use the map and common sense as to which Parry DV to use. Holding a two handed weapon, you must use that weapons Parry DV or your Dodge DV.

Note: Attacking with your Off Hand (assumed to be your Left) is a -1 penalty.

Joey MacGuffin

First Post
A suggestion: instead of "stopping" for stunts, we could always roll, and you roll the extra dice for us if you think we deserve a stunt bonus. The whole thing would flow faster.

figmike

First Post
Well I thought of that, the problem being that this way if we don't have to wait on Stunts, then we can roll, firgure out if we hit and do damage in one post, such as what Leon just did. Now once we get Reflexsive Charms we'll have a different problem, not exactly sure how to handle that one.

And Mobility lowers dodge dice pools, which would factor into DV, not lower DV directly. I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure Wound Penalties just lower DV's.

Well off to work, I'll try to post something up tonight when I get home.

figmike

First Post
Huh, and yet even on that page it tells you to look at page 374, where it says that Mobility reduces Dice Pools, which in this case would factor into DV, not effect the DV directly. But in all the examples of characters in the book the Mobility does seem to directly effect DV. Curse you White Wolf. I'll get you some day!!!

Remove ads