TSR Example from the worst TSR adventure module(s) ever published

pawsplay

Hero
People give plenty of probably deserved naughty word to The Forest Oracle.

But I feel the depth of terribleness of Journey to the Rock is rarely fully appreciated.

That thing has so much nonsensical backstory for a void of actual content, and the module goes out of its way to make sure the players can never learn any of it.

I, too, wish to journey to a rock. What could be more glorious?

Schmoe

Adventurer
This thread is older than many people who play D&D now.

In a few years, the age of this thread (currently 18.5 years old) will be greater than the amount of time between when The Forest Oracle was published (1984) and when this thread was started (2005, so 21 years).
I have both played Forest Oracle with my group back in the 80's and posted in this thread. I feel... immortal old.

I dunno; I’ve heard there’s this ring of standing stones in the UK and there are none in the USA (that I know of).

What’s it called… Rock-Ring? Stone-Ring? Door-Hinge? Something like that.

General_Tangent

Adventurer
I dunno; I’ve heard there’s this ring of standing stones in the UK and there are none in the USA (that I know of).

What’s it called… Rock-Ring? Stone-Ring? Door-Hinge? Something like that.
You must be thinking of Ringstone Round. Plenty of strange things going on there.

There's even a nursery rhyme mentioning it.

Huffity, puffity, Ringstone Round,
If you lose your hat it will never be found, So pull your britches right up to your chin, And fasten your cloak with a bright new pin,
And when you are ready, then we can begin,
Huffity, puffity, puff!
:)

Remove ads