• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excerpt: the quest's the thing

keterys

First Post
Good work, I didn't even look for the second excerpt. Now I can stop feeling bad for ninja-ing your magic item one ;)

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
keterys said:
Good work, I didn't even look for the second excerpt. Now I can stop feeling bad for ninja-ing your magic item one ;)
Ninjas never feel bad, it's against the code :D

keterys

First Post
True, but it's cooler to be Einstein nowadays ;)

So, not a lot of meat in this one, though I did find the 3 discarded XP methods entertaining. I have been 'bit' by pretty much all of them, I'll admit.

Ruined

Explorer
Nothing new to see here. Okay, well it's new to the rules, but like the writer said, we've been giving out quest reward XP in our campaigns for years. I know for certain we started doing it with Warhammer FRP, but I can't remember if it was included in the rules there. Either way, glad to see that they acknowledged this style of play.

Too bad they didn't adopt Rel's XP system.

Sir_Darien

First Post
Man I was really looking foward to this article, but it was kind of dissapointing. No real meat at all.

Oh well, just have to wait till June I guess.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Sir_Darien said:
Man I was really looking foward to this article, but it was kind of dissapointing. No real meat at all.
What more were you hoping for? Seems like there might not be much more to say that what they have.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
I always have rewarded quest XP. But my favorite way to add bonus XP was letting the players vote for session MVP.

MVP could mean a ton of different things; who delivered the best line, stood out in combat for the night, found an important clue, etc. The only rule was no voting for themselves.

Winner would get a chunk of XP that scaled with levels.

I thought this was great for because it rewarded players for being involved, and built a sense of teamwork.

Remove ads