• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Exemplar Class

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
It's a very interesting take on combing ideas from a lot of non spellcasting classes on to one chassis. Overall I like it though I due have a few minor things I would tweak for my table. I'm not one for being able to compare it to other classes balance wise, so someone else will have to give feedback on that.

Starting equipment: So I have a choice between the best light armor, or one of the worst medium armors? Why not the standard choice of Leather Armor, or Scale Mail?

Extra Attack: I flat out don't like giving more extra attacks after 5th level to non-fighter classes. Not only does it step on the fighters toes, but it starts asking the question of "why does this class get it but not the Barbarian, Ranger, or Paladin?"

So just 3 things I would tweak which compared to most homebrew I've seen is saying quite a lot to it's quality.

Race based abilities: This is a cool idea, but it's also a big can of worms balancing those abilities against eachother. Also what If I want to Play a Goliath or Firbolg.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads