• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exit 23

Jarval

Explorer
"A demon? Oh, sh*t!" Riley sits up quickly at John's words. A bit too quickly, as he muffles a cry of pain, his hand shooting down to clutch at his bandaged side. He gasps for breath, then forces himself to focus on John again.

"A demon. But it's dead, you say? What did it look like?" Riley grabs a notebook from his briefcase, and sits ready to take notes, ignoring BJ's instance that he rest. "Who did it kill? Did the Trieze Corbins cultist get away? And don't worry about going through my things. By the sounds of what's been happening, you made a good call."

OOC: Don't feel that this conversation is limited to just John. If any of the other characters has anything they'd like to ask Riley, feel free to chip in.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Er, a wolf. A white wolf. It sort of appeared out of the snow- I think it might have caused it. Threw icicles at us." John shakes his head as if still trying to disbelieve what he had seen. "We've still got the guy. As for who the thing killed, I don't know his name- maybe he had a wallet or something. He was the guy with the sketchpad," says John, hoping to jog a memory.

loxmyth

First Post
"Yeah, the guy with the sketchpad," Daunte adds somewhat unhelpfully, dusting the snow off his chest as he comes to stand beside John. "He was in the bathroom, wasn't he? Or was that you? Sorry, I'm just turned around right now... you might've heard, we just killed a wolf demon."

The young law student plopped down on a nearby seat, taking a deep breath out and pushing his wireframe glasses up on his nose.

Jarval

Explorer
Riley looks blank at the description of the dead man, then nods his head.

"Ah, yes, I remember him. He was just going out of the rest room as I went in. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." He shakes his head sadly, making a note. "I don't suppose anyone knows his name?"

Turning to Daunte, he again nods. "Yes, good work on that, but I think discussion of such matters might be better left until later." He gestures towards the rest of the people in the restaurant.

Opening his wallet, he hands Daunte a business card with the words 'The Hoffmann Institute" in bold lettering across the top.

"Not many people have that number. I'm going to make a call, and get an Institute car down here as soon as the roads are clear. If you don't object, I'd like you two, and anyone else who saw the demon to accompany me to the regional headquarters. If we can narrow down what kind of demon it was, it might well help us figure out just what Michel Galvin was up to. That, and just what the hell that snowglobe does..."

OOC: Right, we're drawing to a close with this adventure. There are a few options about where we go from here, but I'll go into more detail in the OOC thread.

Remove ads