Exit Wound with Holy.

Ysgarran

Take a bow enchanted with 'Exit Wound' and 'Holy'. After it passes through the first oppopent and hits the second one. Does the Holy damage affect both targets or only the first?

Thanks,
Ysgarran.

Infiniti2000

First Post
First, you probably mean "enhanced" and not "enchanted." Second, you probably mean "the arrow" instead of "it." I don't think the bow goes anywhere. :) Third, does Exit Wound (wherever it is defined) state that the arrow is not destroyed? If the arrow is not destroyed, then the rules are vague on how long the enhancement remains in effect. The rules state
Bows, crossbows, and slings so crafted bestow the holy power upon their ammunition.
There's no time limit on how long the holy power remains. However, I think most people will choose to rule that the ammunition retains the holy power (or whatever enhancement) only so long as it remains in flight.

Note that this same issue appears if you just fire a normal arrow from your +1 holy bow and miss your target. If you roll 50% chance such that the arrow is not destroyed, is it now a holy arrow? It is not a +1 holy arrow (it never is).

Can anyone clarify this in a rule somewhere? I might have missed it.

Scion

First Post
Ysgarran said:
Take a bow enchanted with 'Exit Wound' and 'Holy'. After it passes through the first oppopent and hits the second one. Does the Holy damage affect both targets or only the first?

The arrow will retain all of its bonuses throughout its flight.

Whether or not the creature takes the holy damage would depend on the creatures alignment ;)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Pinotage said:
Wasn't Duncan in Piratecat's latest update using one of these?

Close - among other things that bow is holy and undead-bane, doing an extra +4d6 per arrow vs evil undead. The huge gaping holes left after it hits a zombie are more the special effect. :)

Remove ads