• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Exodus

Phoenix8008

First Post
Airman Babington

When he saw the book in the corner, Airman Babington's eyes locked on it and nearly bugged out of his skull. As the gunshot goes off in the distance and Juno tries to lead the group toward the source of the sound, Babington bumps shoulders with another of the troops as he fast steps into the gruesome room and falls to his hands and knees to scuttle forward through the blood until he is within reach of the book. Stretching out one hand, he sees drops of crimson about to fall on the book and quickly yanks his hand back. Rubbing both hands on his thighs to clean them off, he quickly grabs up the book and wipes any gore off of it with the corner of his BDU shirt. Thumbing through the pages, he whispers to himself repeatedly, "Yes... yes... yes..."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Hayes grabs Babington's arm, "Hey! Snap out of it, we're leaving."

Juno leads the way through the corridors at a decent pace. Within 15 minutes, the squad comes upon an emergency door, designed to close automatically in the case of a hull breach, used to seal off sections of the ship. There are no signs of a hull breach, however, suggesting that someone with command clearance sealed the door manually.

Elsewhere...

Dr. Mora replies to Akemi, his voice rising in anger just a bit, though he tries to maintain civility, "So arrest them! Tie them up! Knock them out! You start killing people who have ideas you don't like and pretty soon you're going to be the only left."

Everyone goes quiet, however, as they witness Joy perform what some would call a miracle. Locke's gunshot is healed, not completely, but enough that he is no longer in danger of dying. He grabs Joy's hand as his eyes fling open, "I saw...them. I saw...what dwells in the space between galaxies. I saw...our doom and our salvation. I saw...Gods!"

He looks around, disoriented for a moment, then sees Akemi and Schaeffer still facing each other, "Dr. Schaeffer, there is no need for further confrontation." He struggles to get to his feet and then says to Akemi, "I apologize. I was...mistaken."

He turns to address everyone, "I have received a vision! A vision from that which gave us," he makes a sweeping gesture to include his followers as well as Akemi and Joy, "our power. I was wrong in my assumptions. My brush with death showed me so much. We, the Chosen, have a responsibility to you, to be your shepherds and your guides in this new world we find ourselves in. I hope that you can forgive me."

He turns back to Joy and Akemi, "I defer to your judgment. I...need time to contemplate what death has shown me."

Shayuri

First Post
Juno checked the corridors of the intersection, then waved the squad forward.

"Looks like someone sealed themselves off behind this bulkhead," she said. "No sign of any attempt at forced entry, but if something found another way in that could explain the shot. Problem is that there's no way through that door short of cutters if it's been sealed. Breaking in will make too much noise anyway."

She shook her head.

"Only thing I can think to try is...knock. If anyone's still alive in there, they can open it up. If not, we can move on."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Airman Babington pulls his pistol out of his holster and holds it by the barrel to tap on the sealed door with the butt of the pistol. "Let's test for humanity on the other side as well, shall we? Maybe 'Shave and a hair cut, six bits'?"

*Clang, cla, cla, clang, clang*...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Akemi Jordan

dichenlachman.jpg
[sblock=Akemi Jordan Mini-stats]Character Sheet
Init: +3, Senses: Perception +2
AC: 16 (tactical armor)
HP: 13 Current: 13
Proficiency: +2
Saves: Strength, Constitution
Luck Points: 3/3 Remaining
Weapon in Hand: FN P90 SMG
[/sblock]
Akemi just shook her head in disgust at Doctor Mora. Academics she did not understand any more than liberal politicians. They just could not see reality. She did not bother replying.

With Locke's sudden epiphany, she lowered the muzzle of her P90 and arched an eyebrow, particularly after he apologized. She glanced at Joy when he start talking looney about visions, but with this awakening it had become more believable that when they were on Earth.

The final deference to her and Joy's judgement was the icing on the cake. She just could not believe what she was hearing to be truly genuine, she cynically suspected that it was a ruse... yet, perhaps not. Akemi blinked a few times, then shrugged.

“It would appear shooting him in the gut was the exact thing he needed.” Her humor was dark. She was a professional soldier and had killed before. That was how she dealt with it.

Then there was some clanging on the hatch. “What the mawk?”

The creature was rapping on the hatch with a catchy old fashion tune? She did not think that was possible.

Akemi's mind was quick and jumped to some conclusions immediately. “Grap! Here we have been thinking that the beast killed everyone. That was a mawking lot of people and there are many places to hide. So there could be survivors.”

She motioned the civvies back and gestured for the armed military folks to join her. “Let get ready to open the hatch and cover whoever it is on the other side.”

Shayuri

First Post
Juno backed off from the door and took aim, just in case what opened it wasn't friendly. There were jingles and clomping behind her as the rest of the squad followed suit, getting into a firing line.

"Hold your fire until orders," instructed Juno. "No mistakes."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Joy had a heartbeat or two to look down at her own hands in wonderment before she stood up. She didn't really believe Locke's sudden change of heart, but it bought them time. She would have to consult with Akemi and the other soldiers...

The sudden clanging of metal on metal smashed her train of thought into chaotic fragments; it took her a moment to realize that she recognized the tune. "No toon can resist it," she muttered as she stepped forward to the hatch cover. With a deft gesture she pulled the multi-tool from her belt, and began to tap on the metal- first the 'two bits' response, then a longer sequence. Tap, tap, tap, tap. Tap, tap, drag the metal tip on the metal hatch. Drag, Drag. Tap, Drag. Drag, Tap. Then again...

[sblock= OOC] Taking a bit of liberty here, to assume knowledge of Morse code as part of survival training... If needed, I'll give up another language for it... What she is going to tap, in Morse, is H U M A N - she will do it twice, then wait for a response [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Juno relaxes a little when she decodes the simple message, and holds a hand up to let the squad know to stand down.

She goes to the door and raps her fingers against it to spell out a quick message in reply.

YES.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"They're people," Joy said, loudly enough for everyone nearby to hear. "Let's see if we can get this hatch open." She stepped back, away from he hatch- despite the reassurance, she wanted to have the military personnel handle the opening. Just in case...

Moving back towards the rest of the Chosen and the civilians, she nodded to Locke. "Looks like we may have more survivors than we thought- I'm sorry it took such a route to get your Vision, but I hope we can work together." Then she turned to watch the hatchway.

Remove ads