• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exoplanet: First Contact, a "space western" Action-RPG

SquareForge

First Post
Exoplanet: First Contact, a "space western" Action-RPG
Now Fundraising on Kickstarter.. In dev for years, seeking $45K / $10 early bird pledge

[video=youtube;t0HiNQ0nzD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0HiNQ0nzD0[/video]

This game combines two really cool genres.. You get to play a Western Outlaw / Space Adventurer.
I'm really hoping this gets crowdfunded, because I'd love to see it completed with proper funding.
This is already a couple of years in the making. Please take a few minutes and check it out. Watch the video.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/287489203/exoplanet-first-contact

SquareForge

First Post
Sounds very Firefly! Would this be a good system to play Firefly in?

I just looked up Firefly on Google. I had never heard of it. At first glance, I thought it was a TV Series for the movie "Serenity", which was an awesome movie. (thanks for sharing) I don't watch TV, but this game looks pretty cool too.

SquareForge

First Post
No, Serenity is the movie of the TV show Firefly.
I imagine so! It's your game!

Ahh, that makes sense..

BTW.. Exoplanet is 'not' one of my games. (I wish it was) We both share the same publisher tho', which is how I found out about it. I truly do want to see them get funded, and I am looking forward to playing it once it is released.

My game is a 3D First-Person Perspective "Rogue-Like" game (I guess).. The game takes place in a Rogue's Gauntlet. Tons of traps, puzzles, mazes, and a few monsters peppered in and seasoned to taste. ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wait, what? It's a videogame? And you've not heard of Firefly? There may be a small chance you're on the wrong website. This is a tabletop gaming website. :)

(I mean, feel free to post, but I don't think we're your target audience! I'm sure there's overlap, though.)

SquareForge

First Post
Wait, what? It's a videogame? And you've not heard of Firefly? There may be a small chance you're on the wrong website. This is a tabletop gaming website. :)

(I mean, feel free to post, but I don't think we're your target audience! I'm sure there's overlap, though.)

I'll keep the topics on Tabletop games for now on. Sorry for the intrusion. I created this account 2 years ago to talk about Tabletop RPG stuff. So I am in the right place for that. I can see your point now, though. This is the wrong place to announce this particular Kickstarter. If this thread is wrong for your community, I do understand, and you are welcome to remove it.

Remove ads