• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exotic weapon for BBQ enthusiasts

awayfarer

First Post
Inspired by a real life barbacue spatula I saw once; an enormous, nasty thing with a serrated edge and not something I could picture anyone actually using one-handed.

War Spatula
2 handed Exotic slashing weapon
Damage : 1d8
Critical: X4
30 gp

Favored by savage French chefs and cannibal picnickers, the war spatula is as much a cooking utensil as it is a weapon. Special training is required to wield a war spatula effectively and to use it's unique ability.

Head Toss: To use the head toss technique, the wielder of a war spatula must kill an opponent by threatening and confirming a critical hit or completing a coup de gras. The effective result of this is that the wielder stops their swing most of the way through their opponents neck and quickly changes the stroke into an upwards swing. The head is tossed 3d10 feet in a random direction. Opponents who view such a tragedy must make a will save (DC 10+ 1/2 the spatula-wielders BAB or ranks in Profession:Chef) or be shaken for 1d6 rounds. Wearing a poofy chef's hat increases the save DC by +1.

A creature that is lying prone is immune to Head Toss, as the angle is entirely wrong to use this ability. Creatures immune to fear effects are immune to the shaken condition that a failed save gives.

A masterwork war spatula also gives a +2 bonus to Profession:Chef checks.

Machiavelli

First Post
I love it!

I take it you like light-hearted campaigns, of course. In "serious" groups people with sticks up their bums may look at you scornfully. You can offer to pry out the sticks with your war spatula, though. :]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
PolyClubsWhtBack12X9_72SmlNoBorder.jpg
Polynesian War Clubs

note the short club with the diamond design on it - looks like a War Spatula to me:)

awayfarer

First Post
Machiavelli said:
I love it!

I take it you like light-hearted campaigns, of course. In "serious" groups people with sticks up their bums may look at you scornfully. You can offer to pry out the sticks with your war spatula, though. :]

I'm not necessarily all about light-hearted campaigns but I do find that I like to play characters that are heavy on comic relief. :)

Tonguez, thats pretty nifty. Not a bad likeness to what I had in mind, although that's somewhat fancier.

awayfarer

First Post
Geoff Watson said:
Like Ukyo from Ranma 1/2? *Image Snipped*
Geoff.

Oh man, I forgot about her. I think I've only ever seen one or two episodes of Ranma 1/2. I did own the SNES game for a while, although I tended to play as Mousse. :)

Notmousse

First Post
awayfarer said:
Oh man, I forgot about her. I think I've only ever seen one or two episodes of Ranma 1/2. I did own the SNES game for a while, although I tended to play as Mousse. :)
I tended to play Ukyo, not Mousse.

Remove ads