• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expanded gaming spending poll.

How much did oyu spend on gaming materials in 2004?

• 0-$200

Votes: 57 22.4%
  • $201-$400

Votes: 55 21.7%
  • $401-$600

Votes: 45 17.7%
  • $601-$1000

Votes: 43 16.9%
  • $1001-$1500

Votes: 21 8.3%
  • $1501 and up.

Votes: 33 13.0%

maddman75

First Post
My gaming spending has gone way, way down. For D&D, I've really reached saturation. I have splatbooks for every class and nearly every race. I have more monster books that I could possibly ever use. Magic items I've got plenty - and if I run out I still have the Encyclopedia Magica and could do some quick conversions. More feats and PrCs than will ever get used. I don't run modules and homebrew my campaign setting. I really can't think of any D&D book that would motivate me to buy it.

I have bought a few other games in the last year - World of Darkness, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and just recently got Exalted. No suppliments for those games either. I'm getting really picky about suppliments these days.

Gez

First Post
A bit over 450 €, so that's just a bit below $600 US.

Outside of minis, I've made three big book buys -- the AEG book sales (lots of books at $5 a piece... Actually $11 a piece given the outrageous damn shipping cost, but it was still worth it), the Eberron line (2 books is OK), the Complete Book of Eldritch Might (I've eyed it for a long time), the Tome of Horrors 2, and a few miscellany WotC things (Map folio 3D, MM3, Planar Handbook, Unearthed Arcana).

Sammael

Adventurer
I selected the $200-$400 option without thinking, but now that I've thought about it, it was probably over $400. I must have spent $400 in D&D minis alone (1 case of Aberrations, 5 starters of Harbinger, about 25 boosters... yup, it adds up), plus about $100 in Dragon magazines (they cost 10 euros an issue over here), plus PDFs, plus about 15 books... plus dice... and a battlemat... oh... my...

Way too much.

gideonn

First Post
Annual Spending

I no sooner clicked 200-400 than I started a mental recalculation and more likely went 4-6. Still, this is a far cry from the good old days of TSR when I bought pretty much everything they published.

Now my tastes vary more than just pure AD&D, not that it strictly speaking still AD&D. And as the 3.0 became 3.5 and as new worlds like Arcanis and Eberron enter the game universe, I find it difficult to resist them.

This year I resolve to be more frugal. [yeah, right]

Ruined

Explorer
Yeah, I mis-represented on the last poll. I figured it was hefty sum, somewhere under $150. Then I remember the acquisitions made at Origins, and all of those Exalted hardback books I bought. And some Vampire materials for my GF. At least most of the Scarred Lands purchases had dried up last year! A conservative estimate put me in the $400 - $600 range.

This year will probably be as bad, as I started off the year acquiring all of the WotC Complete series, along with Libris Mortis and Unearthed Arcana. Gonna be a rough (albeit fun) year.

I guessed $200-400, but that could be short by $100 or so. I really have no idea; I do know that I'm buying a lot less than I used to, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads