• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits quirks, with spoilers

gnfnrf

First Post
So, I'm prepping a game which will run through EttDP, and I've encountered a few unusual/inconsistant bits which I'm not sure what to do with.

1.) The Demon-Quelling sword is statted on p. 43, and while it is staggeringly valuable, it is not listed as intelligent. On p. 51, however, it is described as telling the PCs certain information. Huh? Is it intelligent or not? If it is intelligent, should it become even more valuable? Particularly since it isn't usable in most parties?

2.) In encounter E1, the hezrou tactics specify that it opens with a blasphemy. Since this encounter takes place on the Abyss, this will banish some portion of the PCs. I can't think of anything I want to run less than the PCs taking weeks to find each other after being scattered across the planes. Should I assume the hezrou is also extraplanar? Just skip using the ability?

3.) Can anyone shed a little more light on how to keep the PCs on track once they become inevitably suspicious of Rule-of-Three? The included sidebar doesn't really have much to go on.

--
gnfnrf

Remove ads