• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits

rvalle

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
C'mon, April!

What do we know about this? Will it start with a descent into the Underdark, or with travel to the Abyss?

XCR is a remake of Ravenloft; it this a remake of D1-2-3-Q1 or a revisit/reimagining?

"Heroes who become entangled in the adventure's plot soon find themselves squaring off against the agents of Lolth and Graz'zt across several planes, including the Abyss"

Shemeska

Adventurer
MerricB said:
XDWP is not a reimagining of Q1. It's its own beast: an outer-planar adventure.

Cheers!

That's my hope, and with Baur in on the writing my hopes are very high.

My wants: Well written, deep plot, incorporating the last two decades worth of material on the Abyss as it applies (and expanding on it) rather than just being a nostalgia product like Castle Ravenloft.

I suspect I'll be rather happy :)

Ariddrake

First Post
We'll always have D1-2-3-Q1. It's weird to me that they just don't straight up remake them its been 25 years. Oh well, there is also Cityscapes and the Book on Devils coming out.

Felon

First Post
mhacdebhandia said:
Well, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is not really a remake of I6 Ravenloft, either, though I concede that it's closer to its inspiration.

It is a remake not a follow-up, it just isn't a shot-for-shot remake.

Remove ads