• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expeditious Retreat Press Old Year/New Year statement

State of Expeditious Retreat Press 2006

Expeditious Retreat Press closes an eventful 2005: moving no less than 5 times (one of which crossed 11 time zones) and being half a company for a quarter of the year while Suzi helped her mom adjust after her dad's unexpected death. After a year of upheavals and change, we are settled in XRP's new home in Austin Texas and churning out new gaming material for 2006.

Expansion is on the horizon for XRP. XRP e-books are now available at 4 sites (in alphabetical order: E23, ENworld, DriveThruRPG, and RPGNow), and we are currently working on expanding to a fifth vendor, Paizo Publishing. Our on-line store has re-opened for customers who wish to purchase direct at www.XRPshop.citymax.com. We are adding titles to all our lines, as well as embarking on a new production line.

We are making 2 additions to our Magical Society line this year. A Magical Society: Silk Road addresses overland trade routes, what conditions create them, and how to incorporate them into a gaming environment. Silk Road also addresses the nuts of bolts of historic overland trade routes and extrapolating that information for fantasy silk roads. A Magical Society: Silk Road will hit shelves and electronic merchants in late spring. We are also excited about the second edition of A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe. It will contain two new chapters, as well as new sections within the preexisting chapters. The new material will cover fishing in manorial systems and cities, more examples and diagrams, war, and new cities (bastides). The second edition will make its debut at Gen Con Indy 2006.

The Monster Geographica line is coming to an end in 2006. Monster Geographica: Hill & Mountain hits shelves and e-book merchants in January 2006, while Monster Geographica: Plain & Desert releases in early summer. The talented Ravindra Rana is finishing the final cover as we speak, and we are continuing cooperation with Fiery Dragon Productions for their complimentary Counter Collection tins.

Fiery Dragon Productions have just released Counter Collection: Ancient Darkness, which contains custom counters for all 200 monsters found in Monster Geographica: Underground. In 2005 FDP also released CC: Murky Depths and Slimy Shores and CC: Untamed Woodlands, and look for Counter Collection: Perilous Heights when you purchase of Monster Geographica: Hill & Mountain.

In the coming year, look for more titles in 1 on 1 Adventures. In addition to Gambler's Quest, look for Star of Olindor, Sixth Cavalier, Kingdom of Yore, and more adventures designed for 1 player and 1 GM. We have expanded Seeds into a new genre: Westerns. Yes, you heard us: "throw down that box!" Last but not least, we are launching World Building Library, a series of inexpensive articles that explain an aspect of the real world and how to integrate that concept into a gaming environment.

We are currently accepting submissions for Seeds, and we may open other lines to submissions and freelancers in the future. Visit www.exp.citymax.com for submission guidelines and the latest news at Expeditious Retreat Press.

Good Gaming in 2006,

Joe and Suzi

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
[13 year old boy]Coooooool![/13 year old boy]

Do purchasers of the original MMS: WE get a deal on the upgrade? Access to the new material?

How about getting together with Troll Lord Games and Col. Pladoh and doing a integrated two company series on world building incorporating Gary's Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds and XRP's Magical Society books? XRP handles the PDF end, while Troll Lord deals with print.

Idle Thought: World Builder volume 1: Cosmology, Astronomy, and Orbital Dynamics :)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
/me longs for Monster Geographica: Plain & Desert. I'm planning on starting a Wilderlands campaign set near the holy cities in a few months. I guess maybe I'll wait until this book comes out. You didn't mention it, Joe, is Fiery Dragon going to release counters for this one?

mythusmage said:
[13 year old boy]Coooooool![/13 year old boy]

Do purchasers of the original MMS: WE get a deal on the upgrade? Access to the new material?

We'll release the two new chapters as a separate PDF for those who don't want to buy the second edition.

How about getting together with Troll Lord Games and Col. Pladoh and doing a integrated two company series on world building incorporating Gary's Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds and XRP's Magical Society books? XRP handles the PDF end, while Troll Lord deals with print.

Idle Thought: World Builder volume 1: Cosmology, Astronomy, and Orbital Dynamics :)

Hadn't thought about this.

joe b.

Buttercup said:
/me longs for Monster Geographica: Plain & Desert. I'm planning on starting a Wilderlands campaign set near the holy cities in a few months. I guess maybe I'll wait until this book comes out. You didn't mention it, Joe, is Fiery Dragon going to release counters for this one?

We're expecting Plain & Desert to be available in PDF in early summer and print won't be much later than that.

FD will be doing counters for it as well. We don't have a working title from them yet, however.

joe b.

Remove ads