New Warhammer Old World TTRPG Announced

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG.

420534260_773711628132288_1517455038539161216_n.jpg

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG--this one based on Warhammer: The Old World. Press release below, more news as/when we hear it!

Celebrated game publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment has announced development of a new roleplaying game based on Games Workshop’s recently launched Warhammer: The Old World.

Speaking in the UK at Warhammer World’s launch event for Warhammer: The Old World, Cubicle 7’s Dominic McDowall said, “Exploring a new era with Warhammer: The Old World is an honour and a privilege. As huge fans of the classic Warhammer setting we’re thrilled to be working with Games Workshop on the new chapter of such a beloved setting.”

Cubicle 7 has an impressive roster of licensed Games Workshop Roleplaying Games, including the award-winning Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, set in the later era of Karl Franz. Fans of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay can rest assured it will continue as its own game line, with many, many releases already scheduled for the coming years.

Warhammer: The Old World is a miniatures battle game set in the past of the Known World.

Retreater

Legend
Cubicle 7 just announced they're releasing another game set in the same world as Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (WFRP) that isn't replacing that system.

"Breaking news! We are developing a new roleplaying game based on Games Workshop’s recently launched Warhammer: The Old World.

Our own Dominic McDowall said, “Exploring a new era with Warhammer: The Old World is an honour and a privilege. As huge fans of the classic Warhammer setting we’re thrilled to be working with Games Workshop on the new chapter of such a beloved setting.”

Fans of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay can rest assured it will continue as its own game line, with many, many releases already scheduled for the coming years."

So that's going to be three different RPGs (including Age of Sigmar) based around the Warhammer Fantasy IP. Too much?

TheSword

Legend
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is rather… deadly. Especially if you use 1st ed but this should still be true in 4th. I am curious if this is Old World will be a more heroic take on WHFantasy more in line with Soulbound.
4th really isn’t. It’s dangerous but it’s actually quite difficult to die. Fate points, fortune, Resilience and resolve mean WFRP 4e characters are pretty robust. Armour makes a huge difference too, being able to deflect crits and absorb damage.

TheSword

Legend
I think this is likely.
I think it would be odd if they just make a slightly different version of WFRP. I agree that something totally different like Soulbound would make more sense.

I do think they spread themselves thin. WFRP releases have dwindled to a trickle from what was once a steady stream. They have products in the world but there’s no sense of urgency.

I do enjoy converting Pathfinder and DND to the system though part way through Skull and Shackles with a group and in the process of converting Golden Vault, Dragon Heist and Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Last edited:

I'm hoping for something closer to Soulbound's d6 dice pool than WFRP's d100 system, since that system really sings.
That would be my hope, too. I don't necessarily need another d100-based Warhammer Fantasy game, but I'd be very much interested in their take on a d6-based game (I haven't played their AoS game yet, but heard good things about it).

Remove ads

Remove ads