New Warhammer Old World TTRPG Announced

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG.

420534260_773711628132288_1517455038539161216_n.jpg

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG--this one based on Warhammer: The Old World. Press release below, more news as/when we hear it!

Celebrated game publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment has announced development of a new roleplaying game based on Games Workshop’s recently launched Warhammer: The Old World.

Speaking in the UK at Warhammer World’s launch event for Warhammer: The Old World, Cubicle 7’s Dominic McDowall said, “Exploring a new era with Warhammer: The Old World is an honour and a privilege. As huge fans of the classic Warhammer setting we’re thrilled to be working with Games Workshop on the new chapter of such a beloved setting.”

Cubicle 7 has an impressive roster of licensed Games Workshop Roleplaying Games, including the award-winning Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, set in the later era of Karl Franz. Fans of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay can rest assured it will continue as its own game line, with many, many releases already scheduled for the coming years.

Warhammer: The Old World is a miniatures battle game set in the past of the Known World.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'd rather something closer to Warhammer 1e.

4e is too complex for what it is. I'd rather the straightforwardness of 1e (or even 2e at this point) than what 4e has to offer.

If they released something like the original Warhammer RPG systems, even with 4e out there, I'd grab it up in a hot minute.
I'm really enjoying 4e, especially opposed tests for combat. But I am running it in Foundry with the official Cubicle 7 modules which helps a lot with automations, cross-linked rules, etc. I don't think I would enjoy running it as much pen and paper. As I get more fluent with the rules, I'm getting more comfortable with the idea of running it analog, but I wouldn't have enjoyed running it pen and paper when first learning and running games in the system.

Crusadius

Adventurer
When can I pre-order?!

I'm thinking that either:

This is going to be the revised edition we've been looking for, containing the changes to Advantage, Channelling etc that have been spread around the supplements.

Or, this will use the system changes from Imperium Maledictum.

Or, and I'm ashamed I missed this option, it will use the same system as Soulbound.

Last edited:

Crusadius

Adventurer
I'm a little confused. I thought all the Warhammer Fantasy roleplaying games were set in the Old World.
The announced rpg is based on the remake of Warhammer Fantasy Battles called Warhammer The Old World. WFB was the game/setting WFRP 1E was based on.

Last edited:

aramis erak

Legend
I'm a little confused. I thought all the Warhammer Fantasy roleplaying games were set in the Old World.
AoS isn't "Warhammer Fantasy" - it's a new property with the names changed a bit to remain trademarkable.... and a new world. Soulbound is thus legally not "Warhammer Fantasy" - it's "Warhammer Age of Sigmar"...

It's also not tied to the WF setting; it's not a new timeline for WFB/WFRP, but a whole different set of worlds. It shares only the key tropes shared by WF and WH40K...

MGibster

Legend
AoS isn't "Warhammer Fantasy" - it's a new property with the names changed a bit to remain trademarkable.... and a new world. Soulbound is thus legally not "Warhammer Fantasy" - it's "Warhammer Age of Sigmar"...
Okay, I didn't know the latest Warhammer RPG was using the Age of Sigmar setting. I just thought they kept using the Old World for all RPGs.

Now I wonder if the metaplot will be "frozen" after the "end of the times".

It had got new "unexplored" regions, like the realms from other continents, for example Catay.

I don't say the later editions were worse, but my nostalgic feeling is with the 1st. It is as if you go to a restaurant several years after, and the cook is different. You ask certain plate of the menu. The taste is not the same. It is not worse, only different. Or when you are watching an old movie, and this is like a window to the past, as if you were time traveling throught the screen.

The artistic style of the 1st edition was special. It was in the transition from the 80's toward the 90's. Then Games Workshop was relatively unknown. Internet hasn't arrived yet, and the magazine White Dwarf was in the first years being translated into Spanish.

MGibster

Legend
I don't say the later editions were worse, but my nostalgic feeling is with the 1st. It is as if you go to a restaurant several years after, and the cook is different. You ask certain plate of the menu. The taste is not the same. It is not worse, only different. Or when you are watching an old movie, and this is like a window to the past, as if you were time traveling throught the screen.

The artistic style of the 1st edition was special. It was in the transition from the 80's toward the 90's. Then Games Workshop was relatively unknown. Internet hasn't arrived yet, and the magazine White Dwarf was in the first years being translated into Spanish.
There's an American phrase, "You can't go home again." The idea is that you can't really go back to something that was once familiar because it's change and so have you. I think a lot of gamers frustrate themselves by trying to recapture the feeling they had from the games they played in their younger days.

Remove ads

Remove ads