New Warhammer Old World TTRPG Announced

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG.

420534260_773711628132288_1517455038539161216_n.jpg

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG--this one based on Warhammer: The Old World. Press release below, more news as/when we hear it!

Celebrated game publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment has announced development of a new roleplaying game based on Games Workshop’s recently launched Warhammer: The Old World.

Speaking in the UK at Warhammer World’s launch event for Warhammer: The Old World, Cubicle 7’s Dominic McDowall said, “Exploring a new era with Warhammer: The Old World is an honour and a privilege. As huge fans of the classic Warhammer setting we’re thrilled to be working with Games Workshop on the new chapter of such a beloved setting.”

Cubicle 7 has an impressive roster of licensed Games Workshop Roleplaying Games, including the award-winning Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, set in the later era of Karl Franz. Fans of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay can rest assured it will continue as its own game line, with many, many releases already scheduled for the coming years.

Warhammer: The Old World is a miniatures battle game set in the past of the Known World.

Von Ether

Legend
For clarification, the Old World is a few hundred years in the past and the wargame is not fully supporting several of the distinct races.

For example, there are currently no plans to bring back the Skaven in this game. The in-universe reason is that the ratfolk are in the middle of a civil war and have not infiltrated human cities to the same extent they have in WHF proper.

And with the Bretonnias doubling down on the Arthurian feel, this might be a brighter vibe for Warhammer fan?

Oh my God! I bought the corebook of the translation of the 1st Edition. (I love that art with a Hero-Quest style, so retro). I bought also Apocrypha 1 and 2, the modules the Enemy Within 1 and the Castle Drachenfell, and the Kingdoms of Magic, what in Spain were divided into two titles.

After with the new editions I lost the interest, and the franchises became too grimdark. Maybe I love that touch of "vintage fantasy".

GreyLord

Legend
I'd rather something closer to Warhammer 1e.

4e is too complex for what it is. I'd rather the straightforwardness of 1e (or even 2e at this point) than what 4e has to offer.

If they released something like the original Warhammer RPG systems, even with 4e out there, I'd grab it up in a hot minute.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Well that sounds terrible. Admittedly Skaven are perhaps my favourite part of WH.

Hoping we would get them in Soulbound soon.
I've come to really enjoy Skaven lore and how they play in WFRP4e. But I feel in love with Warhammer Fantasy in 1e, before Skaven were introduced, so it isn't a dealbreaker to me. But I just spend a lot of money on a lot of WFRP4e books, PDFs, and Foundry modules and will likely be running my current campaign for a couple years. Also, I'm glad I didn't get into WFRP4e until several years after it has been out. There was a LOT of errata needed and a lot of the supplements like Winds of Magic fix what I would have not liked about core. Also, they tend to release crunch throughout both adventures and supplements so having time for to VTT modules to be out helps a lot. I may consider WHOW, but I'll wait until it has been out a while.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Oh my God! I bought the corebook of the translation of the 1st Edition. (I love that art with a Hero-Quest style, so retro). I bought also Apocrypha 1 and 2, the modules the Enemy Within 1 and the Castle Drachenfell, and the Kingdoms of Magic, what in Spain were divided into two titles.

After with the new editions I lost the interest, and the franchises became too grimdark. Maybe I love that touch of "vintage fantasy".
It is a "grim and perilous world" and I like how that plays out. But the grim dark, everything is hopeless lore can easily be ignored in you campaign. I like a dangerous and deadly world but you can dial things down and it is easy to ignore a lot of canon.

Remove ads

Remove ads