Experiences playing "oddball" (base) classes

Thurbane

First Post
The classes I am most interested in trying out personally are Binder, Factotum & Dragon Shaman. I like the flexibility the Binder and Factotum offer, and I would imagine the Dragon Shaman would be a solid support character.

The above comments on the DS were great - anyone played a Binder or Factotum?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
From levels 1-5, I was frustrated by the Binder's inflexibility. Until he can afford (or can make) some Vestige Phylacteries, he's stuck with just one choice that's got to last him all day.

Didn't play much beyond that. Fun class, kinda under-powered, needs some munchkin min-max'ing just to keep up.

Anima Mage, on the other hand, is fantastic. Gets you many of the goodies of a Binder for the price of just one Wizard level. :)

Cheers, -- N

Jhaelen

First Post
Nifft said:
From levels 1-5, I was frustrated by the Binder's inflexibility.
That was my experience as well. They really only start getting interesting when they can bind a second vestige. Things would look better if they were able to change their binding more often, being stuck with their choice for a whole seems too long.

One of my players also gave the dragon shaman a try but wasn't very happy with the character. I don't think it was the class's fault, though. He's now playing a barbarian which seems to suit him far better. I think he was just frustrated because the dragon shaman is really more of a supporter than a tank.

SolosAddie

Explorer
I'm currently playing a fairly decent front ranked dragon shaman and doing well.

Of course, it helps that i'm playing a goliath and have done well on my hp rolls. At 90 hp, 1 barbarian level, 6 dragon shaman levels, 22 str, i can match most fighters.

I have also had fun with draconimian feats, maximize breath has been awesome.

Remove ads