• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Experiences selling to Noble Knight?

buzz

Adventurer
Since the slew of books I put up for sale on Amazon are moving a little slow, I was considering maybe selling/trading them to Noble Knight. Anyone want to share their experiences doing this? Recommend? Dissuade?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Good. Aarron is a fair man and will give you decent trade credit or cash for used book in good condition. Don't expect to get any kind of "collectible price" for books, though (unless they're EXTREMELY rare).

talien

Community Supporter
Given that Aaron at Noble Knight probably has my entire collection of childhood memories, and I send him a "care package" for trade credit once every two weeks, I can confidently state that Noble Knight is the ONLY organization I will trade in my books for.

1) NK doesn't just give you credit for your books, you can use it on brand new items. Few stores do this.
2) NK gives you instant satisfaction. I've traded in books elsewhere (with competitors) who then dragged their efet.
3) Aaron is friendly and professional. Again, haven't always had that experience with other stores.

That said, you will probably get more bang for your buck for 3.5 type stuff if you try to sell it online. Then you can just give Aaron your cash instead. :)

If your books aren't selling, you can certainly trade them in, but especially for the now quickly devaluing 3.5 series, it probably won't net you as much in trade as if you sold it on ebay.

jimpaladin

First Post
I used Aaron 4 years ago and it sounds as if he still does everything the same way. I got fast and very compentent service when I used him on 4 or 5 selling and buying sprees back in 2002 or so.

Hstio

First Post
Another vote for Noble Knight. They respond to offers quickly and they gave a fair price in store credit (whicch I instantly used).

Hstio

buzz

Adventurer
talien said:
If your books aren't selling, you can certainly trade them in, but especially for the now quickly devaluing 3.5 series, it probably won't net you as much in trade as if you sold it on ebay.
Thankfully, it's mostly HERO products that I want to sell. I haven't quite given up on my 3.5 stuff yet. :)

I appreciate all the feedback, folks!

Flynn

First Post
I've only heard of one incident that was even questionable, and that was born of differing expectations. A friend sold a lot of his old Dragon Magazines a few years back to Noble Knight Games for pennies on the dollar, essentially. NKG then turned around and offered them for sale at over seven times the value my friend received for them. When my friend saw that, he felt cheated.

Ultimately, the problem was that my friend didn't realize the value of what he had to offer NKG, and was surprised at the mark-up. Like any business, NKG is out to make money, of course. Just be aware of the value of your goods before you enter into negotiations.

Hope That Helps,
Flynn

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Flynn said:
I've only heard of one incident that was even questionable, and that was born of differing expectations. A friend sold a lot of his old Dragon Magazines a few years back to Noble Knight Games for pennies on the dollar, essentially. NKG then turned around and offered them for sale at over seven times the value my friend received for them. When my friend saw that, he felt cheated.

That's pretty much how all resellers operate though. Buy cheap, sell as high as possible. Which is why you really shouldn't sell books to them for the best deal. It might be more convenient, but you are never going to get anywhere near their true market value.

NKG is probably the best of the lot, though.

edit: Though I do find his selling the free RPG day stuff, like the DCC for $20, rather tacky. Understandable, I guess, since people are probably ebaying them, but still.

Similarly, he also apparently has a box of those old recalled B3s which he sells one of every so often. Some people might not approve of "hoarding" like that.

Last edited:

Remove ads