• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Expert Classes - Feats Discussion

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Whats with the Epic Boon naming convention? Why not just go with Epic? Epic combat prowess, Epic luck, Epic peerless aim, etc...

Amrûnril

Adventurer
Just noticed that the feat form of Protection Fighting Style gives -2 to an attack instead of imposing disadvantage, which seems like a pretty significant nerf. It does have the advantage that it's triggered after the attack roll and can thus be saved until it will change the outcome, but I'm not sure that's enough to compensate.
I suppose the new version makes sense in that +2 is the normal shield bonus to AC, but it seems a lot more fiddly than the 2014 version, especially since it turns the "to hit" calculation into a 3 person affair. And it doesn't solve the original version's issue of scaling poorly with high levels/multiple attacks, except insofar as having fewer opportunities to actually work makes it less likely to be used up.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Just noticed that the feat form of Protection Fighting Style gives -2 to an attack instead of imposing disadvantage, which seems like a pretty significant nerf. It does have the advantage that it's triggered after the attack roll and can thus be saved until it will change the outcome, but I'm not sure that's enough to compensate.
I suppose the new version makes sense in that +2 is the normal shield bonus to AC, but it seems a lot more fiddly than the 2014 version, especially since it turns the "to hit" calculation into a 3 person affair. And it doesn't solve the original version's issue of scaling poorly with high levels/multiple attacks, except insofar as having fewer opportunities to actually work makes it less likely to be used up.
I feel like it should be prof bonus instead.

Baumi

Adventurer
Overall I am VERY happy with it! They made every weak/usefull Feat now really compelling ... except Weapon Training, which still sucks (but at least give a Ability Increase now) :p

As a fan of Inspiring Leader, I find it interesting that they uncoppled it from Charisma. I belive that it is slightly weaker now (have to check) but I do find it cool that it is no longer only interesting for Charisma Types.

Baumi

Adventurer

Yeah I don't like that change. The old version was quite underrated but actually felt great if you took it and was quite powerful a. which I find good if you take something that helps other instead of yourself.

Remove ads