• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exploritory post - DM looking for players, weeknights, Manhattan

Erithtotl

First Post
After a long time off, I'm thinking of restarting a 3rd edition D&D campaign in my homegrown setting. It would be in midtown Manhattan, once every couple of weeks on a weeknight (probably 6:30 to 10pm). Occasionally, we might do a weekend or friday night game that can go later, but that would only be if everyone is cool with it.

I realize this time isn't convienent for a lot of people, but at least it means people don't have to give up their weekends for it.

I want to have 4 players, no more. Big parties are great but there isn't enough time for everyone to participate in shorter sessions.

I have the following requirements:

#1: Reliability. If you say you can make a session, you make it, unless there is a real emergency. If you have a very busy life, or a job that forces you to work late without advanced notice, or a wife that gets angry when you go out, PLEASE, do us all a favor and don't kid yourselves. If you're planning on moving out of the country, joining the marines, or converting to a game hating religion, let me know ahead of time. I put in a lot of work on my last campaign and constantly had people quitting due to real world obligations, which was basically why I stopped last time.

#2: Be an adult. Intelligent, mature gamers prefered. But that doesn't mean you have to be stodgy and serious! It should be fun, after all.

#3: Be accessible by email. I need people who can check their email on a reliable basis. Most out of session communication will be done this way.

Thats it. I don't mind beginners, women, minorities, or the slightly wierd. In fact, they're all prefered!

The setting is a homegrown setting that isn't too far off the beaten path. Think Greyhawk level of magic and power.

If you're interested, email me at erithtotl@yahoo.com. Put D&D in the subject so I don't lose you amongst all my spam, or reply here.

Thanks,
Ian

Erithtotl

First Post
An update

Ok, as an update, I now have 2 players, so I'm still looking for two more.

If you want any details on the setting, the style of play, or whatever, just email me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads