• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Extend Spell and Rod of Extension

Janos Antero

First Post
If you have a Lesser Rod of Extension, can it be used with a Haste that was already extended with the feat?

Basically does the extended haste count as a 3rd or 4th level spell for purposes of extension using the rod?

thegreatbuddha

First Post
Since you're casting it out of a 4th level slot, I would be inclined to say that it is not allowable. otherwise, what's to stop someone from using a Lesser Rod of Quickening to bust out with an Empowered Maximized Still Fireball (9th level slot)?

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
I concur. I'd go by the level of the slot for this one rather than the level of the spell. It's not a ruling that I'd consistently apply to anything other than metamagic rods but it's the best for keeping metamagic rods balanced.

thegreatbuddha said:
Since you're casting it out of a 4th level slot, I would be inclined to say that it is not allowable. otherwise, what's to stop someone from using a Lesser Rod of Quickening to bust out with an Empowered Maximized Still Fireball (9th level slot)?

Remove ads