Extinction Level Events

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
And that's why I posted those article links on the other thread.

It is easier to build a "colony" inside a huge cave on earth than it is to build a rocket or ten and send what is needed to Mars.
It is easier to keep those people alive in that cave on earth than it is to maintain shelter, air, heat, radiation shielding, etc on Mars.
It is easier to return to the surface than it is to leave Mars to come back and reclaim Earth

I would agree that it is easier to do all of the things that you suggest and on the other hand the technological advances that we would achieve by doing the harder option could also be used to improve life on Earth as well.

I mean if we perfected a Fusion reactor for a Mars base then we could also use that Fusion reactor on Earth and essentially eliminate carbon production from our current energy sources and have essentially free energy for everyone on Earth.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They kept the light on. Man, I would not want to pay that electricity bill. 65 million years. Sheesh.

The REAL question is how they powered the light. I mean, when they turned it on, they sure weren’t using fossil fuels...

Unless some science-saur figured out how to make artificial fuels from compressed dinos, leading to another contributing factor in their extinction and a Hestonesque revelation: “It’s made of people! Fuelio is made of people!”

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The REAL question is how they powered the light. I mean, when they turned it on, they sure weren’t using fossil fuels...

Unless some science-saur figured out how to make artificial fuels from compressed dinos, leading to another contributing factor in their extinction and a Hestonesque revelation: “It’s made of people! Fuelio is made of people!”

Giant wheels for velociraptors to run. Tie a rope around Jeff Goldblum and dangle him as he explains Chaos Theory in front of the wheel.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Giant wheels for velociraptors to run. Tie a rope around Jeff Goldblum and dangle him as he explains Chaos Theory in front of the wheel.

They didn’t have Jeff 65 million years ago. As to the wheel itself...pick the wrong mammal THEN and we might all be marsupials now. (Butterfly effect as applied in Sound of Thunder.)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
They didn’t have Jeff 65 million years ago. As to the wheel itself...pick the wrong mammal THEN and we might all be marsupials now. (Butterfly effect as applied in Sound of Thunder.)

Then two words
Dino doodoo

Can you picture helicopter moms trying to keep their kids in their pouch for 18 years? I can.

I am assuming you are cutting out a Pole Shift since it generally takes decades to occur.

Enjoying the read. Bit somber but an interest of mine just the same.

Remove ads