Extra! Extra! Ancient Dragon Rampages Kingdom!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
MoogleEmpMog said:
If IK guns aren't available, siege weapons are the best option for 1st level defenders. Anything that trades hit% for damage is good.

I think you're on the right track with the seige engines and getting your licks in before the frightful presence becomes problematic.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
MoogleEmpMog said:
What constitutes a 'normal'? Characters with NPC classes only? Characters without spellcasting ability? 1st level characters? Characters who fit the DMG demographics?
In this case, normal is every character the Players do not control.

Use the rules for your campaign world. Only do your best to keep the base SRD assumptions intact. I think we can all agree Science Fantasy and Nuclear Strikes are out of bounds.

Secondly, it appears as if there are two main answers here. 1, determine a means to kill the dragon. Or 2, negotiate.
What are the details of each?

BTW, for the "million man army" option, (if you are okay with those in your world), use the DMG's Variant Rule on Attacks and Misses. 1's are -10 and 20's actually 30. This removes the option of building a big enough army so "5% always survive". That option isn't in the spirit of the game in my book.

Endur

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I totally beat this level of Majesty by building lots of guard towers, upgrading them to having archers, upgraded my blacksmith until the dwarves moved into the kingdom and built ballista towers all the way around my castle and capital.

Great game.

Remove ads