Extra Smite

Boddynock

First Post
You know, I've been thinking about this, and while I still don't like rules bloat and power creep, if that's the only reason not to accept the proposal, then I'm obviously never going to say yes to one of these.

So, now that various refinements have been added (and I must admit, I would've allowed the fixed number of extra smites for any smiting class), then I'll go ahead and withdraw my objection.

That means, then, that there are four YES votes and one NO vote. Unless I'm mistaken, that means the 48 hours starts now!

Wik

First Post
Groovy. Regarding the rules bloat + power creep - feats'll do that to ya. :)

Really, though, what Galwynn *really* needs right now is a feat that lets him use lay on hands as an immediate action. :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Boddynock said:
You know, I've been thinking about this, and while I still don't like rules bloat and power creep, if that's the only reason not to accept the proposal, then I'm obviously never going to say yes to one of these.
You can get new feats and other things without realy getting power creep if you're careful about what you let in.

As for rules bloat, I don't see that as being as much of an issue with the Wiki out there. If I have some time, I could probably put togeather a fairly comprehensive Word Doc or PDF with all the LEW rules that would be easy to navigate though. But ultimately, this is about building a world, and allowing for players to make fun and unique characters. Wider and more diverse rules help allow for that, and make it easier to characters to be different beyond just the personality that players put into them.

Wik

First Post
Bront said:
You can get new feats and other things without realy getting power creep if you're careful about what you let in.

As for rules bloat, I don't see that as being as much of an issue with the Wiki out there. If I have some time, I could probably put togeather a fairly comprehensive Word Doc or PDF with all the LEW rules that would be easy to navigate though. But ultimately, this is about building a world, and allowing for players to make fun and unique characters. Wider and more diverse rules help allow for that, and make it easier to characters to be different beyond just the personality that players put into them.

I can one-up that. If I put together a "rules of LEW" PDF, would we use it?

I have the PDF maker, the software to do it, and I know how it could be done (and make it look fairly good at the same time!)

It shouldn't be hard to do, and since I'm done papers, it's definately a possibility.

Wik

First Post
Yeah, I can do it. In fact, already started on it. I'm just gonna do a "Character rules" PDF for now, leaving out craft rules, job system, etc... Mostly for reasons of personal sanity. After that, we can figure something else out.

So far, I have about 8 pages, with a Table o' Contents. I'll let you know when I get it done (what with other work, homework and all, it should take at least 2 weeks)

Bront

The man with the probe
Then your spending too much time :p

Shoudl take me a day or two to complete, I'll start working on it tomorow night. I'll have to convert it to a PDF later though.

Wik

First Post
Bront said:
Then your spending too much time :p

Shoudl take me a day or two to complete, I'll start working on it tomorow night. I'll have to convert it to a PDF later though.

Bah, but mine'll be prettier. ;)

Remove ads